I saw a drop of his tear, ?

jesi

I am not sure what is going on, but here is the situation. I and this guy knew each other for long times. We worked at the restaurant. This was our conversation last night. He told me that I should act cute as other girls, and I should help other guys do their jobs. It will get guy's attention.

I never did what he told me, and i acted the same. At the end of the night, he asked me if I wanted to hang out after work with other coworkers. I said I was tired, and acted like I didn't want to go( I promised him last week if I finished the test, I would go with him this week) , but when the day came, I said I was tired. He looked straight into me( looks angry), and I saw a drop of his tear. He wiped it out , and then walked away. He didn't cry, but it was just a tear drop. I was shocked , and I was not sure if it was because of me. Was he really upset /mad , or was it caused from me? I was so confused. Did he overreact , or was i too cold with him??, or he may be upset for something else. I don't know what happened. Do guys generally have sensitive emotion ?

yes , we are the same age. His closed friend were sitting there too. After he walked away, i asked his friend if he was mad at me. He said"No, don't worry. We love you". Then the guy came back, i said i would hang out with him and other coworkers. He then told me to take a picture with him. After he counted on 3, he kissed my cheek in front of everyone. After we arrived at the bar, he asked to take picture with me again , and then kissed my cheek again. The thing is he also asked other girls to take pictures with him too. He never called or texted me on my day off. He only asked me to hang out when he see me at work. That 's why i am confused.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder if i tear up without knowing. I was once reading something sad, but not that sad... i looked at my face and my eyes were read and wet. Then it hit me... how many times have my ex-gfs seen me tear up during sad movies... and i never realized it? This was a dreadful thought for some reason.

Just to note, angry and sad could create tears. Its a high emotional reaction. The dude does sound a little weird though. He didnt even try to play off the tear, i wouldnt have wiped it, i would have just kept looking at the ceiling like, "bad roofing... we have some leaky bad roofs in new york... what a shame..."

I'm just sitting here wondering why there's so many words that we "can't" say anymore, but calling someone weird is socially acceptable. I don't think it's fair to call someone whom we don't even know, and only have an inkling of knowledge on the situation, weird. People sure do love their 'normal', though.

Kind of off-topic and I'm probably the only one who even cares, but oh well.

I'm just sitting here wondering why there's so many words that we "can't" say anymore, but calling someone weird is socially acceptable. I don't think it's fair to call someone whom we don't even know, and only have an inkling of knowledge on the situation, weird. People sure do love their 'normal', though

Kind of off-topic and I'm probably the only one who even cares, but oh well.

Inappropriate emotional reactions to situation... is weird. Abnormal.

It isn't a judgement.... it is an observation..

Inappropriate emotional reactions to situation... is weird. Abnormal.

It isn't a judgement.... it is an observation..

Sometimes my eyes tear up for no reason whatsoever. And no, it isn't an observation. You're using the word as a derogatory term the same way the word retard could be used. I mean, it's not really a big deal or anything it's just something I'm wondering about.

I didn't call him weird. I said he was unstable. And not for the tear...for his over the top anger at being refused a date.

Yeah, bad wording on my part. I know you didn't call him weird, but I'm saying when people call someone else that, they're usually using it as a derogatory term. It's like... you did or said something I don't completely understand, therefore you're weird. I don't know, I just don't agree with that line of thinking.

I'm gonna stop derailing this thread, though. Sorry about that, OP.

The tear didn't make him weird or unstable. His angry outburst over OP declining an invitation in front of their fellow employees and storming out of the room...when they are not dating...makes him unstable.

This is what I meant by him being weird... not for crying but even that is over the top.

He looked straight into me( looks angry), and I saw a drop of his tear. He wiped it out , and then walked away.

"not for the tear...for his over the top anger at being refused a date."

I guess i don't get the 'over the top anger'....???? He looked at her....she thinks anger...who knows...only HE knows what he was feelings...and she saw a drop of a tear...and he turns and walks away!

Later he returned and they took pics together!

I don't call this weird or over the top angry!

Guys many times think if and when i cry...that i am ANGRY! ummm...no. Try HURT!

Observations are really just judgements when we really do not know the person...what they are thinking, feeling....or even shedding a tear about, when we call that person weird or anything else derogatory as in 'unstable'.

I agree with likewater

Archived