Completely NC but share a mutual friend.

So, my LDR ex and I have been broken up since July. We had a whirlwind romance... he had narcissistic tendencies and the relationship depleted quickly after the "Honeymoon Stage" due to surface-level emotions on his end, he broke up with me out of the blue after a petty argument, and he began dating another woman near the end of our relationship, which he has never been honest about but I found out on my own because I'm not an idiot.

Anyway, we've had each other blocked on social media since August, and have had no contact of any form since early September. I'm still going thru the healing process and allowing myself to get thru these feelings of resentment I have towards him because he is a loser. We share a mutual friend (who is one of my close friends that I've known since college, she's the one who hooked us up... Unfortunately, now lol) that just joined Instagram and although I have him blocked, I can still see his likes and comments on ALL of her pictures. It's making me angry because he is still pretending that he's a great guy when I know that he's trash, and I really don't want to see his representative on my friends page. Is there anything I can do to not let it affect me, because I'm obviously still not completely over his cowardly and unnecessarily disrespectful actions?

If your friend knows he is trash/did you wrong and still remains friend with him, maybe it's not someone good to be around you in such times...?

I've cut contact with mutual friends, was disapointed when realized that despite them knowing all the terrible things my Ex did to me, they still remain super friends. Once I did that, I started feeling better.

I don't want to give him that much power. I can't ruin a long-term, close friendship with someone over a person that won't even matter in a year or five. That seems like something he would want because I know he can see my likes/comments too. That's why he's being a petty d-bag. Also, if she wants to be friends with a piece of trash, that's her perogative. I just don't want to see it.

Archived