Back together!

Hopelessromant

Hi guys, if you have read my story, I had been broken up for 3 months. Most people here said he had moved on and so I began to just heal myself. I seemed therapy and became a better version of myself. I hadn't seen or heard from him.. And we live a block away.

So two days ago I had to pick up my grandpa that lives on the same street further down from him. I decided that this time I wouldn't avoid it and I would take that street. (For the first time). Ofcoirse I saw him and all his friends outside and they looked happy. They didn't see me and I felt miserable all day but told myself God had shown me this for a reason.

Christmas morning comes and he texted me "merry Christmas to you. Hopee you're okay and you're family is good" .. I couldn't believe it. I texted back the same and thought that was the end of it .. He was just being nice.. But I was wrong. He asked me questions slowly and we talked all night. He asked to see me the next day.. That he misses my everything and that he still looks at me how he did.

I'm goingn to see him tonight! I know it's not official but in my heart I always knew this would happen.. That our relationship was good enough! Just knew I would share this with you guys when the time came.

Hope all of you are well. Stay strong . Everything happens for a reason.

Oh sweetie.... you need to ask yourself WHY he broke up with you, and if that reason has changed.

He might be feeling lonely. He might be feeling nostalgic because of the holidays, with New Year's Eve coming up..... it's just such a bad time to be in contact with an ex.

I agree with the others -- proceed with caution. I'm not saying you're NOT getting back together, but I've read a lot of these types of things on ENA in the seven years I've been on this site, and, well, you just need to be cautious about assuming anything just from the contact you had yesterday. My ex once e-mailed me on Christmas Day (he was back with his previous ex at the time), telling me how wonderful I am, how he loved me, etc. He and his then-girlfriend had hit a rough patch, and he was reaching out to me for comfort.

Definitely meet him and hear what he has to say, but don't jump the gun and assume you're "back together" unless/until you've really talked about things and worked through your issues.

If you don't mind me asking: do you know the reason you guys broke up? and if so do you think it is sorted?

I really hope these aren't just breadcrumbs of affection to check you still care, I hope you do get to start your relationship anew

We just drifted. There was not much wrong to begin with we've always been happy and loving. Also, he is not the type to throw breadcrumbs. I've known him for a long time and he has had no contact with his exs when I was just his friend. I'm not too worried it's like that as I don't think he would cause more damage then he knows he has.

Update for everyone: we talked it over and he apologized for leaving when thighs got rough. He said he's battling with his temper and has been going to therapy. (Stress from family issues). Anyways, were back together. I'm going to need to build my trust back up but I think 3 months was enough for us because we never really has issues to begin with.

Update for everyone: we talked it over and he apologized for leaving when thighs got rough. He said he's battling with his temper and has been going to therapy. (Stress from family issues). Anyways, were back together. I'm going to need to build my trust back up but I think 3 months was enough for us because we never really has issues to begin with.

Congrats! Im going to take a more upbeat side on this. Work on your relationship, and dont jump headfirst into this without him proving he's made changes.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Archived