Any advice will be appreciated but i was dating a guy for roughly over 10 months, fell for him hard. But the other night i found messages to other girls (inappropriate ones) i asked him about it and he got all quiet and hasn't spoke to me since, i haven't texted him either but I'm not quite sure how to let go of him and move on. I don't have many friends and my family isn't a big help. I know i need to move on but my heart aches.

How to let go of somebody who didn t respect you? Simple, just by thinking that you want and deserve better! Just don t focus too much on what he did, why he was texting other girls etc. it s obvious that he wasn t into you, since he was texting others as well...

So you felt for the wrong guy, we all do at some point in our lives, good thing that you noticed and you didn t get hurt even more and just try to forget about him.

And for the future, just try to learn from this and I am sure you will have more pleasant dating experiences as well. You seems a wise girl, so don t waste your time with such loosers who couldn t even answer you properly about texting the other girl! How old is he? Do you really need this kind of a guy in your life? I mean, it is really difficult to let him go? Just think about! He didn t respect you, that s his problem, but you can and should always respect yourself!!! Trust ne, once you really learn to respect yourself you will attract somebody who will respect you!

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

I think you're right to end things though, what he's doing isn't acceptable. I wish there was an easy way to let go of someone and move on, but unfortunately it really takes time. If you cut off all contact, and block him on all online sites you use, that's going to help you immeasurably.

Here's a guide that will help you: link removed

Keep posting more about your situation -- and keep reading through other threads here too! It really helps.

I've been betrayed in the past as well, but remember that this is NOT a reflection of who YOU are. You are YOU, awesome, beautiful, intelligent, and full of love. I don't even KNOW you and I can tell you that I'm right about this.

Save this amazing you for someone who is worth a damn, not some guy that doesn't see you in the light that he should. Thats his fault, not yours. Chin up, walk and find happiness... its there, can you reach it?

Archived