Dating the same person a few months later

ranger

There's a girl i've know for probably a couple years or so, but never really talked to her. She was dating a guy for at least a year, possibly a little longer. Well, she broke up with him last December or January of this year, not really sure. I started talking to her around June and went on 3 dates. Things were going great. We held hands on the third date while watching a movie, but that's about it...I never did kiss her. Then, I asked her out again, and she said she was busy. So, a few days past and we were still texting and everything seemed fine, so I asked her out again to see if she was still interested. That's when she told me she wasn't feeling a connection, or she wasn't ready to be dating again and said she wasn't sure. So about 6 months pass and we see each other every once in a while since we have some of the same friends. We never talk when we hang out, but we do make eye contact. We're both kinda shy.

Anyways, a couple weeks ago, she added me on snapchat, so she still has my number (incase someone doesn't know, snapchat is where you take a pic on your phone and add a message in it to send to someone). I dont think it really means anything, so I didn't think much about it. She hasn't sent anything to me, so I decided to snapchat her last night with a pic of me saying Merry Christmas with a smiley, and she sent one back to me.

Basically, I'm wondering if there's any chance of dating her again. I thought maybe if I started talking to her some when we hung out with other friends, there might be a chance that she'd start to like me again, or build some sort of connection. There's just something about her, and I can't seem to let it go. When we were dating, there wasn't a single thing I didn't like about her. She was pretty much exactly who I was looking for, and I can't think of any other girl i've dated that I could say the same about.

I need some thoughts and opinions about this. I don't know if I should just forget about it, or if there's some sort of chance something could work.

I'm sorry but I would say your chances are about 90% no. She didn't feel a connection...that probably hasn't changed. And honestly half the time when people say they just aren't in the right place...or they aren't ready to be dating...they are saying it as a cop out excuse because they don't want to hurt your feelings and say they aren't interested. There is a chance, but it is very slim. The evidence you have here...her adding you to snapchat, doesn't indicate to me anything has changed...i'd drop it.

I had a feeling that y'all would say that. I just wanted some opinions cause I've been thinking about it for awhile now, but all I can do now is forget about it and move on.

I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong, like not making a move soon enough, or not showing enough interest. Idk, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find someone I connect with.

I had a feeling that y'all would say that. I just wanted some opinions cause I've been thinking about it for awhile now, but all I can do now is forget about it and move on.

I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong, like not making a move soon enough, or not showing enough interest. Idk, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find someone I connect with.

Hey, don't shoot yourself in the foot so fast. You'll find someone to connect with.. and whether "you did something wrong" or not shouldn't matter.. unless you did something memorably bad -- like watching the door slam in her face; trip her on the sidewalk; talk on the phone the entire time you're with her -- but people never do things because of you, they do it because of themselves. And knowing that, you'll know there could have been a million reasons why she's just not feeling you. Not worth racking your brain trying to figure her or her reasons out, her loss. More importantly though, and this is the fun part in moving on, what did you like so much about her that the previous girls you couldn't say about?

We had a lot in common. She was easy going, seemed to be easy to please. No health problems (that I knew about). She didn't party or drink. I think she is best friends with the girl my friend married, which both of them are really good girls. It's just kind of hard to explain, but she was the girl of my dreams haha. I haven't dated a lot of girls, but I don't remember going on a date that didn't go well. They always went pretty smooth.

I just wish I could go out and talk to girls I didn't know in public. I feel I would have much better luck meeting someone that way. Half of the girls i've dated have been online. The ones online seem to be far more selective with who they talk to, even the ones I didn't find attractive. I'm not the best looking, but all the girls i've dated looked cute, and my friends thought so as well. I'm just shy when it comes to approaching a girl for the first time, but once I do, everything is fine.

Archived