help! need advice for going out of town

My gf of 3 years broke up with me a month ago. We didn't speak for a week afterwards, then decided to be "friends with benefits". We had a good week of hanging out 2 or 3 times and sleeping together. No hugs or kisses or anything emotional. I really felt that it was helping me get over her by still sleeping together.

Last Tuesday was the last time I saw her. Thursday she calls in the middle of the night for a booty call, but I was in bed and had to be up early so I passed. Come the weekend I wanted some but she was never in the mood. I'm planning to go to out of town for 5 days tomorrow, and knew we wouldn't hang out on Christmas Eve or Christmas so I started begging her to hangout because I wanted to get laid before I leave for another week (since its already been a week) and I guess I came accross as desperate which really turned her off. I'm starting to realize that I miss her and don't just want her for sex, and I think she may have caught on to that. If I ask if we will ever hang out again, she only says "probably", she won't give a straight yes or no.

Anyways this is driving me crazy and now I'm debating not going to NY tomorrow because being away from her and home and my friends is going to make me depressed. On the other hand, I don't want to miss this chance to see my family who I only see once or twice a year. So do I put my mental health first, stay home and not be depressed (even if I don't see her)? Or do I suck it up and be depressed and go see my family anyway? Seeing my family will make me happy but the long car ride both ways is going to be nothing but thinking about her. Also just the feeling of being far away from home has always been something that makes my anxiety go crazy, whether I have a gf or not.

Well I had posted a thread a few weeks back explaining why I'm doing this. Basically I'm going to keep talking to her until I find someone else, because personally I believe that is the only way to get over someone. I don't think going NC without someone to replace her will work for me, so I just keep talking to her in the mean time. But I ended up going to New York anyways

Archived