Should I keep going with my ex?

So she came over last night and slept over while we exchanged Xmas gifts. Everything seemed to intimate that it felt like we were on our honeymoon stage again. We broke up 2 weeks ago and we both miss each other a lot and love each other equally.

I brought up getting back in a relationship with her but she told me she wants me to focus on my career first because she believes she got in the way of getting my class a license. She also has a full time job now and starting her new job in a few months as a management position. I promised her I will get everything done and make my life a lot better as I've been stuck with my job ever since we got together 3 years ago with no progression but a $2 raise.

I truly love this woman and I want to marry her. My main goal right now is to prove to her that I will fulfil my goal and finish my career to be able to take care of myself and live on my own one day. She's setting higher expectations and I do respect that cause I've been telling her I will get to where I want to be one day and this day will soon come.

As I brought her back home I asked her if she minds that I contact her and meetup for lunch or dinner and she said she wants me to stay in contact and she'll do the same. In my head she wants me to finish getting my class a license before getting back into a relationship together. She told me she has no interest in seeing other people but me and she's sad everyday and has me on her mind 24/7 and we'll get back together some day.

Should I text her here and there?

You love her and want to marry her. SHE isn't willing to be in a relationship with you now (for whatever reasons).

Can you see that the love here ISN'T equal? You: love and lifetime commitment. Her: sex without any commitment

I agree and think she's using you to get over you. You're basically holding her hand through this breakup and keeping yourself available as an option while she gets used to being single.

Here's the real deal if [/b]she really loved you and wanted to be with you, whether or not you had a Class A license wouldn't matter to her.

She's using this to keep you on the line as a Backup Plan B in case she doesn't meet anyone else. The best thing you can do right now is to cut off contact and let her see what life is like without you in it! More importantly, that's also the best way for YOU to go in terms of your own healing and peace of mind.

You mistakenly believe that sleeping with her through this breakup and giving her as much or as little of yourself as she wants will bring her back.... in reality, you're just helping her to comfortably move on while she looks to see who else is out there.

Here's a guide that will help you: link removed

I completely agree with Sharky988 100%...as I've been there, done that and promised myself I would NEVER do it again. You are truly making it easy for her to get over you because if she wants to be with you, then you and her would be together...no if, ands or buts about it.

I completely agree with Sharky988 100%...as I've been there, done that and promised myself I would NEVER do it again. You are truly making it easy for her to get over you because if she wants to be with you, then you and her would be together...no if, ands or buts about it.

Agreed. Been there, done that too.. She got over me pretty effectively while still in a "relationship".. Basically me loving her and she not loving me back.. I realized this was happening when it was too late. I would give a lot to go back three months, cut her off THEN and walk away with my dignity intact.. Didn't happen though

Funny how she wants to be with you but not BE with you. To me this is completely a one way relationship. If you get your lic then Ill think about getting back, if you improve your life, Ill come back etc etc. I get what she is doing in wanting you to have a better life I just think she is doing it all wrong. I have been thru this before with a former X.

If you go for your Class A Lic it has to be done for you, if you do it for her and she doesnt come back you are going to resent her for doing something you didnt want to do in the first place.

Just be careful with your heart right now because you are very vunerable and she knows you still want her.

Archived