I think i've met someone!!

jennylove

Just when i though that it would be years before i date again, i met someone wo trying. Went to a meetup group last week for vegans. One guy is new to towm. Turns out, we have a few things in common that are the fundamentals to me. We practice the same religion, we are both new to the vegan lifestyle and we became vegans for the same reasons, we both love dogs and cats, neither of us have kids, we are both established, we both have 10-20 pounds that we'd like to lose in 2k14. We exchanged numbers last week per his request. And he called me this evening to wish me a merry xmas and to ask me out to dinner for nye! Ahhh! I was not expecting a call despite having so much in common. Im so used to getting let down or rejected. Im still not getting to giddy, but after a few more dates i may be posting some cheezy stuff. The only thing that has me a little reserved is that he is a different race than I. I do not have any issues dating outside of my race, but i think my family will. Its all whatever tho. Soooo happy.

I think you should have your head in the clouds -have fun!!-but keep your feet on the ground. Take this one date at a time. It's cool that you have things in common and that you are attracted to him but this is only one date. Have a blast on the date, and understand that unless and until there is a second date planned ,time and place, there is no second date. Not in a negative way -it's reality. Keep a healthy dose of reality here so your expectations don't go through the roof. Be soooo happy about having plans for a fun first date on New Years Eve. That's it. I'd manage expectations beyond that as far as whether there will be a second date much less a relationship.

Oh girlfriend, i hear ya knockin '. I will not get overly excited until we become exclusive. But what amazes me out of this is how randomn it happened. Ive been to this meetup group a few times. And i never go with the intent of meeting a dude. In fact, most of the members are women. Another interesting tidbit is the fact that i really thought id never meet someone at my age who meets the criteria that im looking for in a man. the fundamentals that i listed were going to get tweaked once i shed this weight and put myself out there agaij. Speaking of wt - he meets my criteria and he is obviously fine with my weight. Yay!!

Oh girlfriend, i hear ya knockin '. I will not get overly excited until we become exclusive. But what amazes me out of this is how randomn it happened. Ive been to this meetup group a few times. And i never go with the intent of meeting a dude. In fact, most of the members are women. Another interesting tidbit is the fact that i really thought id never meet someone at my age who meets the criteria that im looking for in a man. the fundamentals that i listed were going to get tweaked once i shed this weight and put myself out there agaij. Speaking of wt - he meets my criteria and he is obviously fine with my weight. Yay!!

I felt that way in a way when I reconnected with my husband -in one way it was random but of course in another way it wasn't. Going to a meetup group is a great way to meet guys and yes it's great your interests line up so much. He is a stranger for now other than you know certain facts about each other. The fact that he asked you out on a date shows he thinks there is enough attraction that he wants to spend a nice evening with you -and on New Years! - but it doesn't mean that he is "fine" with anything about you other than it's fine for one date. He might be, he might not be. I'd really slow down on this because you'll have even more fun with far less expectations and assumptions than you have now.

Archived