When a girl becomes distant and awkward, what is going on?

Meandmylife

We're uni students working the average holiday job. Throughout we have been on really good terms and flirt a bit. Recently we both became single and the flirting intensified. We got playfully teased about it by others at work.

This culminated at our work xmas party where we were much more 'touchy' compared to everyone else sitting around a small table. When our hands met, we'd grasp eachothers for a bit before letting go. A touch of the arm here, a hand on her lap there. As a therapist student, I started giving everyone massages and she was the first to keep pushing for one. When she left, I was the only one who she gave a hug to - the type of hug you give to someone who is more than friends and I playfully lifted her up. So I think people noticed.

So now, after the party - first day back, when she said hi, I went to mess her hair (our little joke) and she went in for a hug. As the day went by she became more and more distant. Everything felt awkward around her - as if we were ignoring each other. When we did have to talk, it was purely work related. I caught her staring at me every now and then. She's also stopped talking to me about her love life (she still confides in others) when we use to tease ourselves about each others.

Today towards the end of my shift, she started talking to me more - still no flirting or teasing. When I said my good byes to all. I caught her mentioning how well built I am but didn't catch the rest of the conversation she was having with a coworker.

So what has happened? Do you guys think people at work have started teasing her about what happened at the party? I actually want to ask her out but don't see no openings for me to. I don't see myself staying at this job hence I'm not too worried. If not to ask her out, I wish things can go back to how they were before the Xmas party yet I do not know how to talk to her about it.

Anyone got any input into this?

How long has she been distant? I mean if it has only been a few days, so what? She could be having a bad week or who knows. She could have scared herself because she realized she has a crush on you. She could have realized you like her and she was just down for innocent flirting and feels she lead you on. It can be so many things. Best thing you can do is find out for yourself.

So today things are back on (?). Walk into work and one of the female coworkers (a friend of said girl) has ambushed and told me I am on the top of the list of said girls going away party everyone has decided to throw. I asked why and it looked like she was trying to hide a smile. Even she personally asked if I was coming.

Throughout, she became more flirty and overall joyful. Smiling when she thought I was her staring at me. She asked me to play a song on guitar to her. She was more touchy too particularly those which was unneccessary - a touch on the arm as she walked past etc. Got called nice though - she was buying jewelery and mentioned how pretty it was of which I teased her - 'like you right'.

I am still confused though - I do not know whether she is simply a flirt, likes me or is unknowingly too friendly and unwittingly leading someone on. If I combine what happened at the party with today etc altogether, I am still at odds.

Thanks guys. I really tried today. But I just had no opening to conversate with her or try and ask her out. She was working elsewhere to me and when our manager put us together, we got instantly split because of our flirting etc. It feels weird because every time I have tried to ask her out, someone or something has gotten in the way. Talk to her, manager comes past. Try to get in touch with her and others get in the way i.e. somehow even her father popped into work the one time I was able to talk to her. I almost feel as though some higher force is stopping me from asking her out.

Crikey, I just scratch my head when I see things like this. She flirted with you, so your next move is just to ask her out. Very simple. Slip her a note with your phone #, or ask her for her phone # and call her, or google her and find her FB page and send her a message etc. etc. If you have time and access to flirt, you can find time to ask her out. She's given you signs she interested, and may be confused/disgusted that you just don't ask her out.

If you ask her out and she rejects you and you didn't interpret the signals correctly, so what? You gave it a shot based on what you thought was mutual interest, and no big deal. People get rejected all the time, so who cares if she says no? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Stop piddling around and just ask her out and then you'll know whether she is interested or not. Therer is no magic way to divine that before you actually ask her, so get on with it and ask her. Slip her a note if there are always people around and no other way to contact her.

Thanks guys. Did it. She was keen. Got her number but she was busy on the day I suggested. She told me we should organise something next week instead. It's the morning after I messaged her that night about when she'd be free, still no reply. I am starting to think maybe I was wrong reading her interest in me. Now I feel stupid - enough to quit work and move onto different pastures.

Thanks guys. Did it. She was keen. Got her number but she was busy on the day I suggested. She told me we should organise something next week instead. It's the morning after I messaged her that night about when she'd be free, still no reply. I am starting to think maybe I was wrong reading her interest in me. Now I feel stupid - enough to quit work and move onto different pastures.

You quit work because she didn't reply to a text?

Archived