Why Can't I Let Myself Be Happy?

comegetsum

I don't get it. I have been seeing a girl since March, and yet I am too chicken to make the move and make it official. Honestly since September we have agreed to be exclusive, and yet still I can't call her my g/f. Idk why but it drives me nuts.

I am hung up on another girl still. Around this time last year, the old girl and I were doing great, things felt amazing. Only issue, it was likely all a lie. She either really liked me but couldnt move past her ex, or she used me 100%. Either way, point remains I went through something poisonous again, and it's done something to me. It has kinda changed me. I find myself missing her, thinking back to how we used to be. Idk why I can't let it go. It has been since last February that I had anything with that girl.

Same time, I have this girl who spoils the out of me, she is beautiful, kind hearted, I just don't see how I got so lucky. I realize all of this, and when with her I love ever second of it. Still when I'm not, I find myself torn between the two thought wise. I even have dreams about the old girl STILL. What did she do to me? Am I just reeling from the damage?

I feel so guilty for it, I want to give my 100% to the new girl, but I feel it's unfair since I'm not all there in it. I feel pressure put on myself that i need to make it official, I kind of sense to myself that I am delaying it as long as I can, but why? Do I hope stupidly to go back to the old girl at some point who herself is not missing me? Am I just scared of getting too close? How else can I move on, I have no contact with the old girl at all, none. What is wrong with me? I don't want to be like this forever. I get to the point where I start thinking about the old girl and what was so great and what went wrong, that I have to go look into the past and remind myself of the ty stuff she said and did to me to stop it.

I feel like unconsciously I hold out hope the old girl and i will rekindle, but my conscious doesnt want that. I have something so much better right now. I excuse the past girl and make excuses for her, I saw who she was and could be, and might be now, and find myself hoping someday to attempt to win her back, but that's foolish.

Why can't I let myself be happy?

(Sorry that was very rant filled, was nice to get off my chest)

Because the new girl may be great but you're not in love with her. That's why you keep going back to the old one in your mind. I think that you need a clean break. It's not fair on this girl who's with you.

How could I be, I haven't been able to give my 100% attention to the new girl? That's what I need to get over so I can to see if there maybe something there. I don't feel I loved the old girl, I think it just hurt so badly how it all went down. How I caught her out with her ex (even tho she was free at the time to do so).

The old girl had a lot of qualities, and we had insane sexual chemistry. However, she was selfish, has a princess complex, bad mood swings, would say the meanest things, jealous, untrustworthy. I know I couldn't ever be with her if she remained like that. That's what bothers me even more.

I won't lose out of something great because someone else scarred me. That's why I haven't given up with the new girl, because I will weather the storm for as long as I have to.

Archived