Getting Her

LarryTheGreat

So here's my situation. I've been friends with this girl for years, all the way up to now. We pretty much did everything together, and nobody ever thought to ask her out on a date because they all thought we were dating. While I never thought of dating her much, I did sincerely care for her, and did love her. I guess people never got the nerve to ask because they were scared of me, I don't know. But about a year ago, I moved to another state, and since then, tried to pursue a romantic relationship with a girl, which was going great, until I realized I didn't like her.

I liked the girl from my old state (we'll call her Kate.)

So, recently I found out that Kate has been in a couple of romantic relationships since I moved. It's tough to tell her how I feel, since I live 2000 miles accross the country. I just more than anything don't want her to be hurt by some guy who care less about her, and just wants to have sex with her or something. I just don't know what to do. I'm a pretty good guy, everyone says I'm bound for success, I'm an E-7 Gunnery Sergeant in Marine JROTC, and not terrible looking, but I just don't want to ruin the friendship that we had before, but I also want to be able to care for her, but I just don't know how she'll react or how everything will go over. Right now I'm planning a trip home, so I plan on talking this over with her, but I just need some advice.

Being young and in love sucks.

She may not have any Roma tic interest in you, sad to say. And you are not tasked with watching out for her virtue. I think you should be prepared to find d out that she is dating or just.doesn't think of you as anything more than a friend.

I dont think you should be motivated by possessiveness, maybe the guys who pursue her are worthy or just looking to get laid.... but it is her choice who she dates are you need to respect that.

If you actually want to start a romantic relationship and think you are in a positiin to be available to be a boyfriend to her, go for it. Ask her out while you are in town, if you have difficulty defining it as a date because of your close friendship, tell her you have developed a crush on her. Declaring your love may be a bit confronting if she sees you as a friend.

Good luck

I dont think you should be motivated by possessiveness, maybe the guys who pursue her are worthy or just looking to get laid.... but it is her choice who she dates are you need to respect that.

If you actually want to start a romantic relationship and think you are in a positiin to be available to be a boyfriend to her, go for it. Ask her out while you are in town, if you have difficulty defining it as a date because of your close friendship, tell her you have developed a crush on her. Declaring your love may be a bit confronting if she sees you as a friend.

Good luck

Yeah, I'll go ahead and swing by her place next month and pick her up. Maybe take her out to dinner as friends, and just discuss this. I just feel we need to sit down and talk to her about this.

Have you even spoken to her in the past year?

Yeah, we went to a movie together while I was down in the summer, and we text and Skype. But I never really thought about her romantically until now. I had told her about the girl I was talking to, and she thought she was pretty and very lucky to have a guy like me. That's about the most "girlfriend" stuff we've ever talked about.

Archived