Who pays for the ticket to visit?

JA0371

I get the feeling OP was hoping for "he pays" or at least splits the ticket.

oops, I missed the part about splitting the cost. I wouldn't do that either, but that's just me. I know plenty people would accept splitting the cost though. I'm all or nothing, lol. If I can't afford it, I don't go. If I can afford it, I pay it all.

I think the person who flies pays but then I think the other person should foot the expenses or most of them while on the trip. In my situation I think I assumed I was paying when I flew but he always offered to pay.

Agree. If I am in LA and visit a bf in NYC, I would pay for the plane ticket. Hopefully, he would handle the other expenses by:

1. Picking me up from the airport

2. Making me at least one dinner/taking me out for food once

3. Providing free lodging

And of course vice versa.

My husband and I were extremely long distance for 3 years. He lived in Scotland and I lived in Canada. We took turns visiting each other, and always paid for our own plane tickets. If I was visiting him, I paid my own ticket, but stayed at his place and he picked up most of the expenses....ditto for if he was visiting me.

MHowe, this was uncalled for. Nothing I said EVER indicated that. Give me a break.

Actually....it is implied. because if your friend wanted/could pay...she wouldn't be asking tbw question. And as you can see...everyone.has the same answer. The traveler pays.

Please show me HOW it is Implied in that short post that I expected or HOPED the guy would pay???

Not YOU...your friend. Because by asking the question itself you are positing that the person flying should not have to bear the cost. When it simple, common sense. Especially since you have not even met the person.

The fact that you provided no other information. For example this:

"My friend and I were discussing this and I was curious what other people thought." Would have given context to why your asking. The fact that you did not provide context implies that you want to hear a certain answer.

The fact that you provided no other information. For example this:

"My friend and I were discussing this and I was curious what other people thought." Would have given context to why your asking. The fact that you did not provide context implies that you want to hear a certain answer.

That is no indication. It's an ASSUMPTION, based on nothing but opinion.

But ya know what?? Sorry I asked...

I don't see any implication. What does your friend think? Is she (or he) leaning one way or another?

Hi Miss D. I'm asking because my friend recently started talking to a musician who lives in another state. He asked her to visit and offered to buy her ticket. I was simply asking opinions because she didn't know the ettiquette. Love how complete strangers jump to conclusions...rather than asking.

Archived