This is what my friend did with his old relationship

doicare

Hey All,

Ive been feeling up and down the past few days. I was just thinking about my friend who is getting married in March. I always saw him as kind of soft and a pushover. Anyhow he was dating this girl he was head over heels for. He was sincerely thinking this was the one. Fast forward 6 months of so, and he dumped her. She was all over the place and hard to pin down. He sent her an email one night saying, Im tired of feeling like S!!T for being a nice guy. He was spot on, and I totally respected him for standing up for himself. Amazing!!!! He walked away. A few weeks later, he starts chatting up a new girl and bang, he's suddenly in a much better place with a cute girl who actually cares for him. a week or so after that, he's out for happy hour and guess who stroles in by herself, his ex. She starts talking to him, and saying things like "alright lets go back to my place, I know you want to" physically trying to pull him by his arm, while he wasnt totally committed to his new girl, he basically sent off his smoking hot ex home alone.

Anyhow, now he's with this new girl and are getting married 3 months from now. He proposed to her only after one year together. Im just amazed by this story, because he left a semi abusive relationship with a self destructive girl that he loved and found someone amazing.

I just have so much respect for his courage, especially because he cared for her way more than she did him. I guess it inspires me that when you follow what you know deep down is right, things just plainly work out.

Im still sad even as I write this, but I know that my energy and time is best spent on things that bring value to my life as opposed to drag me down (such as my ex and the pain of a breakup). Had I broken up with her first, which I was seriously considering, I would be in a totally different head space right now. I need to realize that.

I just have so much respect for his courage, especially because he cared for her way more than she did him. I guess it inspires me that when you follow what you know deep down is right, things just plainly work out.

Im still sad even as I write this, but I know that my energy and time is best spent on things that bring value to my life as opposed to drag me down (such as my ex and the pain of a breakup). Had I broken up with her first, which I was seriously considering, I would be in a totally different head space right now. I need to realize that.

I really think it's more like "when you follow what you know deep down is good for you, you are much more happier". As the idea of things "working out" is misleading. You can make decisions that lead you to not to drink or do drugs, choices that lead you away from any abusive or just bad relationships and still not be in a healthy relationship.

You could be all alone by making smart, healthy life decisions because you just haven't met or became exposed to other people that share the characteristics that promote a healthy relationship.

It's not a magic button that if you do X, Y, and Z you meet the love of your life. It's more about knowing what the "bad choices" are and accepting that you rather be in no relationship, than a mismatched or unhealthy relationship.

It's a great story you told and I'm happy you are using it as inspiration and encouragement. Good luck!

Great post! Ive been in down in the dumps the last few days. Its good to read about someone finding true happiness after a breakup. As bleak as things seem for me right now I know i'll get there someday. Taking it one day at a time, trying to "find myself" after a devastating heartbreak.

Do not worry about if I had done this. Focus on yourself and other things. The relationship took a lot of time from you. Do not let it take more. Make your own happy ending like your friend.

This is true, but by not ending it first, it just totally turned me on my head. I think she suspected I was going to break up with her, although I did say I was going to visit her (LDR), and she dumped me. So I guess it was more than just me thinking i wanted to break up.

She was on messenger today, ofc i didnt say merry xmas, wonder if she wanted some greetings. I know it doesnt matter. Dont know why I feel kind of bleh all today.

This is true, but by not ending it first, it just totally turned me on my head. I think she suspected I was going to break up with her, although I did say I was going to visit her (LDR), and she dumped me. So I guess it was more than just me thinking i wanted to break up.

She was on messenger today, ofc i didnt say merry xmas, wonder if she wanted some greetings. I know it doesnt matter. Dont know why I feel kind of bleh all today.

Take her off your messenger contact list so you never know when she's online.

Archived