New relationship and the holidays

imtriguy2010

I was looking for a little advice on how to handle a new relationship and the holidays. Here's my situation - We've been dating for approximately two months and just this past Friday, decided to make it exclusive - which I know given the timing was bad. I should have waited until after the holidays, but it is what it is. I'm still excited about it but have a few questions / concerns - mainly how to handle things during the holidays. See, her parents live with her and her brother just flew into town on Friday and will be staying until Jan 3. She is close to her brother and I know will obviously want to spend time with him and have their family together. My question is: how much time should I look to spend with her while he is here? Before he came, we spent a couple days per week together. Due to the nature of her job (on the phone 90% of the time), most of our time is spent texting, not talking. Yesterday she mentioned she got me a gift and that she wanted to take me out for a nice dinner this Sat. Would it be better if I let her contact me to set something else up during the week? Also, about a gift for her - I'm thinking about getting a couple concert tickets to someone she wants to see in Feb. She asked me before if I wanted to go and I said yes, but she never purchased them. That was a couple weeks ago. My other option is something from a spa (facial or massage). Which is my better option? I've had these two in mind, it's just a matter of picking them up. Thanks and happy holidays!

Congrats on the new relationship!

My question is: how much time should I look to spend with her while he is here? .... Yesterday she mentioned she got me a gift and that she wanted to take me out for a nice dinner this Sat. Would it be better if I let her contact me to set something else up during the week?

Yeah, leave it up to her. You guys just started dating so it's probably too early to meet the family. Follow her lead. If she brings it up, fine. If not, you will meet them another time.

Also, about a gift for her - I'm thinking about getting a couple concert tickets to someone she wants to see in Feb. She asked me before if I wanted to go and I said yes, but she never purchased them. That was a couple weeks ago. My other option is something from a spa (facial or massage). Which is my better option?

Go with the spa. It's something she can enjoy now and is just for her.

The concert is a good idea; you can pick up tickets for it now but save them for a Valentine's Day surprise (also in February ) -- just make sure you reserve that date with her in advance with other plans so you can sure be sure that she'll be free.

do the spa!!!!

I'm doing one this saturday with Babygirl for my birthday (and her Christmas present).

I think you should tell her to give you a buzz when she comes up for air to set something up--let her call you so she can feel at ease and not overwhelmed because of family obligations.

Archived