Struggling to handle break up

90jeast

My girlfriend broke up with me ten days ago and I'm really struggling to come to terms with it.

I know we weren't perfect for each other in the way that some couples are but she is a really wonderful person and prior to the last few weeks I was really enjoying the relationship. I'm in bits now but I cant work out whether it's because I'm sad that I've lost HER or because I've lost my girlfriend.

All I've wanted for a very long time now is a steady loving relationship and I've had glimpses of it but I so rarely meet girls that I really fancy and connect with and the rare occasion I have it hasn't worked out and I've got hurt. I think that's a big part of why I was so much more reluctant than her to give up on the relationship. I work for a very small company in a small town and it took me over a year to find her where as she is at a nearby university and has had many relationships over the past few years.

What can I do to help myself get past this because I'm feeling really quite depressed about the situation at the moment.

It's still early days man - stay strong!

It's noteworthy that even at this stage you're not sure if it;s "her" or the relationship you miss - that's a good thing, you;re already taking of the rose tinted glasses.

And there's nothing wrong with rarely meeting girls you connect with, perhaps suggests you could broaden your horizons a bit but ui;d rather be like that than just dating the first girl who pays any attention to him.

You have high standards. keep them!

I'm definitely really upset to have lost her I just mean that I am equally or maybe even more upset to have lost my exciting, passionate relationship. I'm just generally a bit confused and a bit of a mess. It's really hard to find a relationship at my age (24), most of the attractive girls at my age seem to be only interested in going on lots of dates and/or sleeping around not having a boyfriend. To be clear, that's not me being judgemental, that's fine for them to do that but it's not what I want for myself and makes it hard to find what I am looking for

Archived