He said he had no feelings/didn't care then got jealous...

long story short my ex and i broke up last August for a lot of reasons. Since then i tried to get him back, been really upset around him, done all the usual do-not-do things. Needless to say he says he doesn't have any feelings, doesn't care, doesn't want to get back together (not as harsh as that but i need to keep it short).

We just spoke on the phone and he said he doesn't want to hurt me but he might be interested in other girls soon etc etc. To him I've just been waiting by the phone upset about him. But I actually haven't - i've been going on dates and slept with a couple of people but nothing serious. I asked him if he'd slept with anyone and he asked if I had. Then he told me he had...so i told him yeah I had been on dates and slept with a couple of people. I guess he wasnt expecting it cos he went totally silent and started breathing heaps and kind of freaked out.

He was like 'well go on your dates then and f*** them' to which i said 'well they weren't you and I made it pretty clear I want to date you. You're obviously reacting to what Ive just said... so why don't we just have dinner and date a little then'. He was like 'fine' but not sure what was even going through his head then was like 'I have to go' and hung up the phone.

What the??? If he wanted to move on then why has he got such double standards? All i know is if I dont care about someone anymore it doesnt bother me if they date or hook up with someone else. What should I do from here?

I think you should stop talking to him, particularly about your sex/dating lives. But yeah, i don't see why you are still talking to him.

some people are jealous. they don't want you, but they don't want you to move on either. it's very manipulative and the faster you see that and get out, the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived