Help my ex won't return my stuff.

Bampert

So we dated for six years and have been going through a very weird breakup. He has been very confusing and sending mixed signal so I went on no contact with him, and when ever he texts me I have been not rude but short and to the point. So he was suppose to go to my best friends birthday ( he is good friends with the boyfriend) and he texts me this week about a few things I left there that are important. I said I could use them and assumed he would bring it to the party. He doesn't show, doesn't respond to my friends,and now won't respond to me. I just wrote I still need it and if he would prefer not to see me he could just leave it in the mailbox. He is seeing someone (I'm pretty sure he assumes since I'm not talking to him I am too) so I get why he wouldn't show, but he is being bizarrely rude out of nowhere. Why bring it up if he going to make it difficult? Is he being vindictive? I assume if it's a way to keep me around he would show up to the party,if not what is the big deal? Help I don't know what to do at this point.

Unless the items are of sentimental value, or things you can't possibly live without, I would write it off, and put it behind me. The aggravation is not worth it, and this is a good time to pick your battles.

It's my car title, credit card, and passport. It's not trivial stuff.

Yes, go over there when you know he's there and get them. Or if you have a key just go and get them since by giving you a key he's given you permission to be there. Get them and then leave the key. Also you may want to bring friends with you and if he won't open the door then report them as stolen. Say nothing to him about it until after you've filed the reports and his name is on the record though, because he should know that's some serious sh** he's doing in keeping those types of documents. Sorry, but those aren't little things and he actually can't keep those things without consequences. I'm kind of serious about the reporting them as stolen too, so he or whoever is at his house doesn't use those things themselves. Treat it just like you would if someone had snatched your purse and taken off with all that if he won't get it back, don't wait for him to decide what he's going to do with the stuff. Or worse whoever he's seeing to steal your money and/or identity.

There is zero reason for him to have those things, zero reason.

Archived