What do you think?

canadadry

So, looking for a bit of an analysis on current dating situation and thoughts on how things are going and how I should play things now assuming I am (and continue to be) interested in developing things with this girl.

Five dates so far after meeting online three weeks ago – plenty of making out and affection etc from date one but nothing more.

I stayed over at her place on Friday as it got late, but she put me in the guest room and said it was too soon to spend the night together.

Generally speaking, the signs from her seem positive right? She’s physically affectionate and acts coupley with me, makes occasional jokey references to the future, and has introduced me to friends. However, I’m also sensing a degree of casualness (she's away for majority of next few weeks and didn't seem keen to arrange a meeting for the one day over this period that she is going to be in town) and I’m wondering if maybe I should take a step back from things, as I don’t want the balance of emotional investment in this situation to become uneven. I feel a ‘click’ with her, and would like things to progress assuming things continue to go well, but perhaps she’s only interested in a more casual and temporary thing (probably way too early for the 'us' talk right?).

How do I keep the momentum going when we're probably not going to see each other for a while?

I think you should let the holidays play out and when life gets back to normal, you put what you've stated above to her about her casualness.

Keep the momentum going by calling her and talking with her on the phone. Be in the moment, don't try to live in the future. Allow her the time to "relax into you".

3 weeks is really not all that long. Take it slow. It's the holidays, people are busy and have other things going on. I haven't had too much time to hang out with my friends just because of all the business of this time. I would not approach her about her seeming casual... especially after 3 weeks and with this being an atypical time of the year. Just contact her and relax. Enjoy the moment. Arrange to meet up later, and see if things get better in January after the holidays are over.

There are positive vibes from her and your expectations may be too high if she really is in town for one day and chooses not to see you. She probably has errands to run, people to see and all sorts of things going on. It's tough trying to fit in a date in just one day. If she's continually contacting you and sending you positive vibes then I think that's good. For the record, my good friend who has been with her boyfriend for over a year and who she met online... they only saw each other a handful of times in an 8 week period. They were both just busy. Didn't mean they didn't like each other. For the record, they also met during the holidays and that is why it was hard to meet up.

Archived