What should I do

wlh22

I have had strong feelings / attraction towards one my best friends. I have known her for a number of years and we have never been romantically involved/dated but I think we could make a good couple if got together. Anyways, a few weeks back I told her I needed to stop hanging out with her because of my feelings to which she said she views me as a friend. She just had started to date someone around that time. I backed away. Since then we haven't met but exchanged a couple of messages (I have been busy for most part). She just sent me a text asking to join her dinner at her friend's place for New Year's. I really am doing fine and starting to talk to other girls (nothing serious though) but I also feel I may be pushing our friendship a bit if I keep ignoring her. Any tips on how should I handle this situation? I hate to say this but I don't think my feelings for her are going away and from that thought I actually shouldn't be spending time with her but I know it's selfish. Thanks

She knows how you feel...and has told you she views you as a friend. She is also seeing someone.

Rely to her invitation and thank her, but decline. Tell you have other plans, wish her happy holidays and continue to date. She is not available and you want more than friendship.

i agree with mhowe - until the moment you know for sure you are gonna be satisfied with a friendship, there's just no point in forcing it....

i know you probably feel you owe it to the friendship to be around, but it'll come accross as forced, you won't be happy, she won't be happy.... just try to move on and in time, you might find you're ok being around her again with no feelings attached....

Thanks! I had to let her know that I can't meet her. Felt bad. But I do need some space. She seems to have noticed as she made some comment along the lines of "you don't seem to like us anymore" (she and her cats). So I told her I needed to focus on myself and had other plans. Maybe If I was in a serious relationship with someone else, I could have more "controlled" with feelings for her. Who knows?! But for now, I need to spend less time with her.

I read somewhere that you want someone who thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced0-bread lol . She doesn't feel that way about me (at least in a romantic way).

Archived