Meeting up with someone from facebook....?

cryingalways

Hi, I'm meeting up with someone tomorrow who I've been talking with over the years on facebook-they are a friend of a friend and we just discussed art and our lovelifes every now and then over chat.

I am still healing very very much from a break up 2 and a half months ago-my ex was emotionally abusive and dumped me after treating me very very badly....long story I have told many times....

Anyway, he did not suggest meeting up as a date or anything-it's just he is going to live in china soon and he knows I am sad so suggested it. I realise there could be a "datish" element to the meet up but I am just interested in having a drink in the afternoon with someone I wouldn't usually do so-more for the experience of doing something, yes.

Is this a good idea or am I being stupid?

But we're just friends. I have not given him any reason to think otherwise. Is it bad to meet up with a friend? I'm just worried about meeting up with someone who I've never actually met-although my friends have met him and say he is ok-but that's why I wondered if it is a bit "datish" because it's a bit weird meeting up from facebook like this. I just don't trust men enough. Or maybe I'm just getting wise to it. It's confusing

Oh, sweetie.... first you're snuggling in bed with an ex-boyfriend, now you're meeting up for a *non-date* with this guy off Facebook....I think you need to stop looking to men for validation and companionship right now. Spend some time with your girls! If you're lacking females in your social life at the moment, how about making that a project to pursue? These guys you're being drawn to right now... it's not healthy for you, I'm afraid.

My girls are all in really time consuming relationships it seems and have all told me to meet someone new and get over my ex-I think that's what they all did, they all had breakups and are now in relationships that are a with nice guys from what I can tell. I don't want to have a boyfriend right now but this guy offered to meet up and you know we're meeting in a public place in the afternoon, I think I'll manage to have a drink and a chat ok. You are all right about this and I would love to just hang out with girls-especially girls minus their boyfriends, that would be nice. I get to do this at work which is good but they are just work friends at the moment. Still, it's nice.

I'm gonna have a think during work today about seeing this guy. I can always run away lol. I don't want validation I wouldn't mind a talk about art. He's good for that. I'm gonna think about it though...

Archived