My mom is losing everything we had :(

Patrick1996

I have always kept things to myself i never say my emotions so here my life

My dad used to be a very good man he had a great job and got alot of money monthly i don't want to sound cocky but around 8-10k monthly he never let my mom work because he told her that she would take care of me and my brother be a home mom so my mom never has had experience working. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer, he never stopped working even on bed he used to work on his pc sadly he died there all my life changed we didn't had income from anyone my brother was in school so was i and my mom couldn't work all we had left was a inheritance of money but in the end all the money goes away. Thanks to him im on one of the best schools which the life insurance pays, my dad left us 4 houses to live on in the future we have lost 3 and our cars,jewelry etc which i really don't care about those things. i have told her that i would like to work but she says that my education is more important my older brother used to work in US and was helping alot my mom but he came back because a girl told him which makes me mad because he was out only income. My family is the creator of Popeyes but they dont know me or have desire to know me i have tried to contact them but they just make excuses so i never called them again. i don't know what to do sorry if this sounds confusing i just had to express my emotions.

IM PROUD OF MY MOM for everything she has done.

I'm very sorry to hear that your family is going through such a tough time. Is there any way you could work just part time and still go to school? I know it would be rough but it is only temporary until you are out of school and able to work full time. Does your mother have any skills that could be useful at a job? She obviously knows how to take care of a house and children. Would she be able to find work as a babysitter or housekeeper? I hope things get better for you, most things get better with time. I'm sure this is all still fresh for you so it seems overwhelming right now.

I am sending good thoughts your way.

My family is the creator of Popeyes but they dont know me or have desire to know me i have tried to contact them but they just make excuses so i never called them again.

link removed

Popeyes Mighty Good Fried Chicken was first opened in Arabi, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans in St. Bernard Parish, on June 12, 1972 as "Chicken on the Run",[6] owned by Al Copeland. As the company's official history states, they sold "traditional mild fried chicken [but] business was slow, and the chicken team realized they'd have to sell a spicier alternative to their standard chicken recipe if they wanted to impress flavor-seeking New Orleanians.

Copeland started franchising his restaurant in 1976, beginning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and over the next ten years added approximately five hundred outlets. B.P. Newman of Laredo, Texas, acquired various franchises in Texas and surrounding states. Two hundred additional locations were added during a period of slower expansion.By 1990, Copeland Enterprises was in default on $391 million in debts, and in April 1991 the company filed for bankruptcy protection. In October 1992, the court approved a plan by a group of Copeland's creditors that resulted in the creation of America's Favorite Chicken Company, Inc. (AFC) to serve as the new parent company for Popeyes and Church's.[7] AFC went public in 2001 with initial public offering (IPO)of $142,818,479. [8] On December 29, 2004, AFC sold Church's to Arcapita, formerly Crescent Capital Investments, retaining Popeyes.

Perhaps it's because the company was sold off 10 years ago.

I'm not sure what you'd be doing getting in contact with them, if by Accepting you, you mean they pay your family's way/bills. Here's a little something of truth in this life, you only get what you make, you don't get any more. If your family cannot afford to keep those houses anymore, then you have to sell them. Ad you have to change your lifestyle. If you want to get a job, then you get a job, but if you're being paid well to finish your schooling, finish your schooling. Either way, you and you alone have to find yourself a job and a career to get yourself through life.

Well the point is that there rich and have many restaraunts hotels etc if i contact them is there anyway they could accept me?

I seriously doubt it.

They owe you nothing. If your family did own it, the bankruptcies ended anything that could be construed as you having any entitlement to it.

You finding employment based upon your abilities is the path you will have to take. No one is going to hand you anything, so get that thought out of your head now. Life holds no one a guarantee to anything.

Archived