Thinking about suicide

greylight

I have had suicidal feelings every now and but not for a couple of years. It all happened when I met a girl a week ago and now we are going for a date next weekend.But one day after meeting this girl I felt depression coming and now I have been in depression about five days. I have been using medication (Efexor depot) before but not at the moment. But is why this depression comes when things are going to a better direction? I am having these feelings that I cant live for a much longer and that I want to kill myself.I am 29 years old now and I had really bad depression 5 years ago and this time it is not that bad, but if I am thinking about killing myself... I still keep up my happy image so nobody knows.So if you hame something helpful words I would like to hear..

Please see a doctor and go back on your medication, which might take a couple of weeks to have effect. It's not worth feeling suicidal when you could be on medication that would fix it. Possibly even though starting with a new girl is good news the fact of starting something new might have caused you some stress which has caused a temporary drop in the 'feel good' hormones in the brain which can result in depression. Don't go on like this without seeking professional help. All the best.

I am not for using therapists for help. If the depression is chemical, medication is fine. You have to find what causes you to be depressed and find ways to deal with it. It is a very hard road. One of the reasons that I am not for therapists is that you should never pay for help that you can get for free by talking to somebody. If you have to pay for somebody to be interested, they really are not interested. If the therapist does help you, what happens when you are by yourself? You will have the need to find a therapist. It seems like a bad cycle to me.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived