I want my gf of 4 yrs to be happy with someone else so I can be depressed

AloneinTexas

so my girlfriend of four years has been saying I love you for most of this time i have yet to reciprocate. she is completely drama free but all my ex's were lots of drama. she is a good girl and don't get me wrong I treat her decently but I get these thoughts of self sabotage where I just want her to fall in love with someone else so I can be depressed and alone. I have no idea how to tell her this. I know its weird. we started living together for months ago, both 30. I just sometimes daydream that she meets some guy randomly and he treats her like a princess and she falls in love with him instead and leave me and I have a slight sense of relief. its like I know how to treat her like a princess but its not with in me naturally to be that guy. her best friend just got with a guy and they said the love word after 2 weeks and I can tell my girlfriend really likes him. the guy even bought her a brand new $3000 bike so of course I don't feel adequate but at the same time nor do I want to be so I just think about another guy for filling her in all the ways she deserves. can anyone explain this?

It sounds like you're not in love with your GF as much as she is with you. Please don't compare yourself to the other guy who bought her a brand new motorcycle. It was a nice gesture but it doesn't mean you have to match him by buying something expensive for your GF. Do what you can to keep your GF happy, not what made some other girl happy. Also why would you even want to feel depressed? If you've ever been depressed you probably know how bad it feels.

You are also assuming your GF wants a guy who treats her like a princess. She's been with you for 4 years, I would think that there is some qualities you have that she likes or you two wouldn't still be dating.

Archived