I'm not quite sure what is going on here.

Anonymous90

Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read this:

I have a friend, whom I (until now) considered to be my best friend. We were so close that we referred to ourselves as sisters and we've been really close for about three years. Last year, she married someone in the military and she moved away to another state and I have since been busy with college, which often renders me unable to chat very often. It seems as though since she moved, anytime I would try to strike up a conversation with her, it would be awkward and full of silence and I eventually gave up and let her come to me which she did a few times and everything seemed normal then. The last time that I spoke with her, she mentioned coming back to town where I live and her family lives for a visit and she expressed that she wanted to see me. We've since fallen a bit out of touch though. Anyways, I logged into Facebook and noticed that she's been posting pictures with the GPS tagging which says she is here in my town, but she never told me when she arrived. So, she's here in town and I believe she has been for a couple of weeks and she hasn't said anything to me about it. I've seen pictures of her though, and she appears to be hanging out with some of the very same people that she used to hate and make fun of. I just think it is strange and I am not sure what to do. I am waiting for her to tell me that she is here so we can hang out, but that still hasn't happened and I would hate to contact her saying that I know where she is due to the GPS tags on her Facebook posts, I think that's a bit creepy on my part. I am pretty sure that this friendship is over but I'd like some closure. I feel as though I want to ask her what is going on. I would like to know why she came to town but never once said anything to her supposed 'best friend'. I feel betrayed as I've always been there for her in the past, no matter what. Am I wrong to feel this way? I'm curious to see how anyone else would feel if caught in this position. What should I do about it?

Thank you.

It's a friendship- or not. Either way, i suggest leave her alone. If she wants to contact you, she will.

Otherwise I feel, YOU need to get over it.

I've had a few 'good friends' and we became distant over the years. It happens. Don't think up all these problems re

Her life doesn't revolve around you. So, she's got these 'other' friends? So what?

Again, it's her life and she is free to do what she likes, has nothing to do with you.

Best for you to accept and carry on with your own life. Basically this is something you need to get over. She's living her life, as she wants.

Right? Like you should, yours.

Move on.. dont worry about it. Im sure you have more friends? Deal with them.

Thanks for your input. I do realize that the world doesn't revolve around me lol. And I also realize that her life doesn't either as nothing does. I guess I just wouldn't treat someone that way and forget about them all together like she has done with me. But, that's just me I guess. You're right.

Just how "accurate" is the GPS tagging on facebook (btw... you just gave me another really good reason why I don't post my business on a social networking site).

If you want to contact her then why don't you send her an email and ask her when she'll be arriving so that you can key up a time to get together. If she gives you an excuse then you know what a vile piece of fluff she is and it will make it easier for you to block and delete her from not only social media but your life in general. If she keys up a time with you, then who she is with now, is neither here nor there to your relationship and you can enjoy your scheduled time with her. Win/Win

Archived