Holiday Stress

RoxyGril

I've been standing on the side lines trying to avoid the mess that is going on in my family. Trying to work on myself and heal from the issues that I have with my family (more so my mom). I don't talk with my mom much anymore, just distanced myself. Though what I struggle to handle is being upfront with her because the way she is, it will go in one ear and out the other. So, I have been avoiding saying what I feel and why I don't go over to vist. She isn't being the mom and wife she should be, chooses to go out and party with her 30 yr old daughter (my older sister) at a bar.

Just really starting to realize that I don't want my involvement with this part of the family. The negativity and drama that fills the air. So, this brings it to Christmas Eve and I honestly don't want to go. Just don't know how to tell her more so because I'm afraid. Though I need to push myself so I don't feel afraid and know that I am an adult.

Don't want the stress..I guess the stress comes from disappointing someone. I want to spend the holiday's with my bf's family. His family is very loving, caring and are very welcoming. Just don't kno

So just tell them you have other plans, you'll see them at X time and do that. Ignore all protests and whining or drama. Go to your boyfriend's place for Christmas. You can't choose your family, but you can choose how much to interact with them and let them affect you. Send a nice gift and be done with it.

I say just go over and see your boyfriend's family for Christmas. Don't stress yourself out. Life is too short to be around people who are negative and upset you. Even if they are family. Just because they are family, you don't owe them ANYTHING.

Archived