Quick synopsis: Together 2.5 years, break up end of june (her idea) 3 weeks before I for the Air Force. I was wrecked and I did it all, professed my love, pleaded, made a mix CD, didnt blow up her phone but stayed in contact and each time the relationship kept coming up. She was done and wanted to move on so I cut to no contact. Fast forward 2 months I find shes seeing a coworker (started 2 weeks after we last saw each other with a final lingering kiss). Felt like but and made one contact telling her about my situation with the air force how much it changed me, and how they were going to separate me. At this time I re-added her on FB, idk why. Mid October she meets and talks with my best friend who would like to see us back together but is playing therapist and isn't going to push for one outcome or another. She says she is confused about me coming back and what to do. Two weeks later I call and say I don't want to get back together, she says ok and asks if we can get coffee when I get home, to which I said maybe. At the time of the talk I went on match trying to remind myself there are other interesting women out there, but didn't intend to use the site's services. But a girl catches my interest and she ends up displaying interest; we are meeting when I get home next week and we've developed so far a great phone interaction and learned a lot about each other, so maybe something great will come of that. Anyways, I deleted my ex off FB cause I didnt want to see her posts with her new boy toy.

Today though, I saw a picture of them together when I went into my conversation history looking for a msg from a friend and that made me punch my wall (it was her profile pic). I was furious, seeing red and I couldn't understand why. Maybe it was cause she looked so happy. After that I go to try to block her again so I never have to deal with this again. But I cant access her profile from the conversation, I cant search her, and I cant see her comments on a mutual friend's post that I know she commented on, whereas i used to be able to just last week. The girl I'm talking to posted this hilarious video of someone choreographing their christmas lights to "what did the fox say", which we dubbed our song cause its come on 4 different times when we have talked to each other. There is other stuff to show that we are interacting and my friends know I have taken a strong liking to her and want to see about moving things along with her. My guess is my ex got jealous and did the same thing I did to avoid seeing it. Even if I am wrong, I don't care, her blocking me has made me feel so good and happy, I feel like I'm floating on clouds. I know I don't want to see her when I get home, but this just makes me feel so glad it really is over. I feel like I have gotten closure without doing anything and its awesome. Another reason I think its jealousy, is cause she is easily jealous, and she was jealous of her best friend that set us up, dancing together at a house party before I left. This friend at the time was engaged to my best friend...woman be crazy.

but yea that's my breakthrough for the day after still going over the breakup for the last couple weeks and feeling angry over things. I'm getting there finally

thanks and no I haven't. Since there is no chance in hell I'd get back with my ex, even if she begged, and I want to go slow with this girl so she isn't just a rebound, I haven't told her my ex still is on my mind from time to time, albeit in a hateful way.

You can go at a snail's pace. But be very clear that you are not in the best mindset for a relationship due to lingering feelings about the ex. Honesty is best.

Archived