Has anyone had this type of experience?

shootingstarz

Ok, BF of 2 years broke up with me. Although, It was kind of mutual but since he initiated the break up and I didn't get to say in how I was feeling past few months. I am/was the dumpee. Heard it all, fell out of love, feeling just isn't the same etc. Anyway, since the break up other than having bad case of headache. My heart has no effect. No tightness, aches, sob, or deep sigh. None of those. I am wondering why that is. I loved and cared for him a lot. We really didn't have any problem(s) per si. Just that, we both lost our ways somewhere at some point and when finally realized, just didn't know where/how to start to pick up the pieces. Yes, I've totally accepted the fact that what we had had to end. In order for us to even have 1% of getting back together (although, he was firm in his decision). Past relationship had to end.

Am I not feeling anything in my heart because part of me hasn't accepted that there is no future? Perhaps, I have accepted past relationship has ended but believe that there will be new beginning with us? have this gut feeling (don't know where this is coming from. just a feeling) that we aren't done? thus why my heart isn't hurting? But, still...break up is a break up. I should be feeling some level of hurt no? Has this ever happened to anyone? Yes, I still have love for him. We were in a committed relationship and we had marriage talk and future plans etc. Oh, I haven't contacted him since the break up (a week) and I have no urge to contact. Not losing appetite, sleeping fine. But, still the headache remains although its no longer as bad as just couple of days ago.

This is exactly my story! I think for us, it got comfortable and maybe fizzled a little but I think it it was because of past arguments that caused us to fade away.. Anyways, I think losing someone is many times the way people realize what they had.. Especially if you did so much and you were a good girlfriend.

I too feel something in me that says it's not over.. Sure things got bad towards the end but when we were in love it was puuuuure love in the most beautiful way. So I believe our gut is often times right. People make decisions but that's before they actually live life without you. Things can change. Whatever is meant to be will happen. Even if both people are scared to contact , God makes it so that you bump into each other.. If it's the one.

Wish you all the best.. I'm still hurting but hoping.

I'm not trying to give anyone false hope including myself but there are things that only you would know. despite of what was said or how cold the person was during the break up. There are certain things that were said and the gestures that you would only know. Every situation is different. We didn't have any argument. Towards the end, I may have discussed with him about lack of communication but it was a discussion. Even couple of days prior to the break up. He was the one to remind me of our anniversary. Something did happened on the day of the break up which triggered him to come to the decision of break up. I hope I don't experience the heartache after a month. that would suck. lol

I totally understand what you mean. And it kind of hurts that they get cold during the break up.. Because I can never possibly stop my emotions or turn it off within a day.. But I think you and only you know how strong your relationship was .. So people can give advice but they never know the answer because they were not part of the relationship. I hope you don't have to feel the pain either!

I am actually thankful that he was so cold as he can be and stand firm on his decision. I am sorry that we had to come to the end. but in my situation, I too wasn't sure about the relationship regardless how much I loved him. I def. didn't us to come to the end but same time, I just didn't know how to go about to make things different. If we had followed our hearts instead of our head, it would only prolonged what was eventually going to happen. That is my take on my situation. He is going with his head, so says. And, can't deny the fact that my head was telling me same.

Be careful, what probably is making you feel like this is hope.

When my ex left me I felt that we weren't done. I thought that he needed some time to see what we had and regret his decision. I felt that with all my heart.

He is now with another woman. So I completely lost hope. And when I lost hope, I started feeling sooo much pain.

But, who knows, every relationship is different.

I wish you the best no matter how things turn out

CleoC, You are right. It could be hope. It could be just me that feels we aren't quit done when he has already moved on. Whether we get another chance or not. I feel as it wouldn't effect me much at this point. I feel peace knowing and have accepted the past relationship is over. It would be great to have another chance at us with a fresh start. If he doesn't see that. We just aren't meant to be. We can't change mind. They have to feel it.

Archived