forced to break up with him

paumumu

I met my boyfriend while working as tourist guide. He was the perfect gentleman and sweet from the beginning. He asked me out 2 days later and he really made me feel beautiful and protected. I fell for him immediately. He was a tourist so he had to leave in a few days but he managed to make those few days left so special. We decided to just leave it there but as soon a he got back to his country he started missing me so much and he finally admitted that he had fallen for me, it was perfect.

We’ve been having a long distance relationship since then and he feels so excited about it, he introduced me to his family, to his friends and I feel like I know everyone. None of my past boyfriends have made me feel so special, so good. Damn, I want to make him happy too, have kids with him, all that stuff.

Now, the problem is that he lives too far away. I’m only 24 and I’m just finishing university, I still have 1 year to go. I can’t make enough money to go see him now and I don’t want him to pay for everything, plane tickets are so expensive. He’s 10 years older than me so he has a career and financial stability, and I don’t, I’m far from it.

It breaks my heart because I was supposed to go visit him in January but I don’t think I’m going to make it at all. I want it so bad but it’s not going to happen. The next semester starts in February so the next time I’m going to have time to go see him will be in July. It’s too much time for him to wait for me. I wish I’d met him in a more stable phase of my life; right now we can’t be together. So I see no other option then just breaking up with him, although we still love each other so much. I don’t know what to say to him. I just want him to be happy and to have someone taking care of him. I’m also afraid I’m going to regret this if I never find anyone as amazing as him. I just don’t think I’ll ever find someone like him. He’s so sweet and he’s so excited about it.

What should I do?

If he loves you and you love him, he has financial stability and has offered to pay for your ticket, I would say, go and see him silly. I did the same with my ex, I make 10 times or more than her salary, I dont even think she could save for a year and be able to see me and I can pay for it by saving two weeks. It's about sharing, and I wouldn't feel bad about him paying, it's about you guys being together and nothing else.

I paid for 3 of her tickets, plus countless other things, simply because she doesnt make much money at home. I really didnt care, because I knew she would if she could. She ended up breaking up with me, but I have no regrets for the thousands I spent on her. Love has no price. Unfortunately for me it didnt work, but no hard feelings.

You see him, and see how it goes. If it sucks, you can break up, if it's good, rock on baby!

^^ I disagree.

You're 24 and in school -- this is your time to be dating around and experiencing being single. This guy is 10 YEARS OLDER -- he's at a completely different stage in his life.

Add to this that he lives in another country? Trust your instincts and move on.

Thanks for answering. Yeah, I'm in my dating phase and I love meeting new guys and to be honest it's quite boring to be waiting for just one. I kissed some guy last week and when I told my boyfriend he completely lost it, I asked him if he really hasn't been with another girl for the last 5 months he's been there and I honestly believe he's telling me the truth when he says he hasn't. But why wouldn't he? I think he seriously loves me, he wants to be with me and only with me, which makes it so difficult since we are not in the same place. I'm pretty sure it would be perfect if we were actually together though

Archived