Something to help us to move on

I've just realised that one of things that will help me move on is the realisation that my ex is not as devoted and loyal person as I think I am. It is just such a turn off for me, in times when people jump from relationship into relationship, I'd like to believe that this quality is very attractive. And why waste it on person if they are unable to appreciate it?

Trust me when I say that it is the difference between night and day when you find someone who is devoted and loyal to you.

I spent way too many years with someone who was neither, yet I was with him. To be truthful, it wasn't until after I'd been dumped that I realized how calculating and contemptuous of my loyalty and devotion he was. I truly do not think he knew what love meant or required.

The man I'm with now is so clear, so declarative about both his loyalty and devotion. It's like seeing with new eyes, hearing with new ears, feeling with new nerve endings.

I waited 3 years, spent the time getting my head together, went on a number of dud, dead-end dates and got to the point where I was fine being by myself for the rest of my life when he appeared, out of the blue.

Archived