Today was suppose to be the date we celebrated her last day of college. :(

Oh man im so torn apart. So we broke it off saturday when we got into a big argument after a 3.5 year relationship. Brought her stuff back to her on tuesday and had our last official talk saying goodbye, thanking each other for the wonderful memories. I asked her what she feels and she said that she still loves me and missed me. Also told me to call her if I need anything and I told her the same but I will continue doing NC. I wish we never got into the argument as its our 3rd and final breakup I guess. What got my hopes up is when I asked her if she wanted to work it out again and she said maybe later on and see how we feel but also confused me when she said "maybe we're not meant for each other" and the next girlfriend will be so lucky to have me as I am a good guy.

She just graduated college and starting her career and maybe thats why she didn't bother trying to work it out cause she wants to see whats out there? If we didn't get into the argument we would still be together and I'd be with her tonight on a date that we planned last week Its fast how she quickly shifted plans to go to her friends bday party for tonight. Well anyways just got back home from a guys dinner with my friends and they helped me out but Im back to loneliness. I miss the company she gave me 24/7. All our good night talks and everything.

So sad im sorry. What was the argument about? I gotta say that when someone says "next girl will be lucky to have you. .." they're being honest but it's like the kiss of death in a relationship. Your only hope is to leave the door open and leave her alone. It's natural to miss her I know you don't want to hear this but focus on making yourself better and try to move on

please answer my question in the relationship forum

We argued cause I went out with my friends on friday night while she was home studying and my last text was Get some rest soon. I got home late and went straight to bed and didnt text her till 3pm the next day. She got off work and called me and flipped so bad and I was hungover too so I got mad but I apologized then it all started there. Then I told her we should just breakup and she agreed. Then NO NC till Tuesday when we agreed to exchange our stuff we left at each others place. I regret everything I said and wish I can take it back.

I thought she would want to work it out again but she said we're not meant for each other.

You broke up with her, man. And from your post I can see that there were some fights before that break up as well. So it wasn't out of the blue.

I am sorry you are hurting now, it will get fine with time. She needs to concentrate on her career. You find yourself something to keep yourself busy too.

I thought she would want to work it out again but she said we're not meant for each other. You know, after several fights, if my BF would break up with me after a night out with his mates, I wouldn't want to work on it too.

Damn I think I'll wait for her. I can't see myself leaving her and I have hope she'll come back

I'm her first boyfriend and she lost it to me. If she doesn't come back, I hope she'll always remember me. Damn this is the worst breakup I've ever experienced as she is my longest relationship. In the meantime I'll focus on myself

I wont concentrate on leaving the door open now. It will be a disappointment only, because I doubt it that she will come back. If she thinks you are not meant to be together - its what she feels like too, probably. And its not about the fact that you go out with the guys or not, I thinks its normal to have a social life apart from your GF.

She just finished college, she has a life ahead of her, and I know how it sounds, but sometimes it is better to be single. And it is important for a girl that somebody took her virginity, and she will always remember you, but it doesn't mean in any way she should come back to you.

If you keep waiting for her, you will postpone your recovery.

Don't think that you broke up just because of that argument. The fact that she even said that you two are not meant together just shows her attitude. Plus with her graduation she may have been contemplating that earlier. I'm sorry this happened to you, I'm in the same situation

I agree with this ...don't think it was that argument .... no one just walks away that easily ..this was brewing , honest fella it is so obvious I am so sorry to say .

Damn I think I'll wait for her. I can't see myself leaving her and I have hope she'll come back

I'm her first boyfriend and she lost it to me. If she doesn't come back, I hope she'll always remember me. Damn this is the worst breakup I've ever experienced as she is my longest relationship. In the meantime I'll focus on myself

Being her first and who she "lost it to" really doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things. I think if you ask 100 people, they are not with their "first".

And if you have broken up a few times already --- that plus "real world" most likely means this is the final break up. No reunions left.

Archived