People seem to be awfully worried about the state of my uterus lately.

Sorry for being blunt guys, but how else do I put it? I'm at the fine age where people are getting married and having kids and its starting to trickle down to me.

I'll admit it, I got a little turned around, went straight to work after high school and had a kid (5 years old now). After a failed relationship I went back to school and have (mostly) focused on that since. Long story short, people have been asking me about the prospect of future children and I think it's starting to my armor.

First it started with my mother. Soon after my split with my daughters father, she would outright say that I should set up a weekend with him for baby number two. No.

Then the babies started coming with my daughters father. He had a surprise baby, and when I say surprise I mean the girl called him from the delivery room. He called to tell me the news that our daughter was a big sister and then promptly asked when I was planning another one. My response was "yeah.....I'm kinda busy right now.... *Awkward silence*. That was 4th of July.

Since then, he has told me that his ex prior to me has has a baby and is expecting another one, her 5th to be exact. Not with him, she got married and my ex likes to keep me up to date with our daughters other siblings.

My sister is planning her next one fairly quickly after her wedding. Numerous people have asked about more kids, etc, etc.

But the most recent, and the topping on the cake in my opinion, was my most recent exes mother asking me for another grandchild. We still see each other and have a fairly casual relationship. She was hounding him about another grandchild and of course his response was " ask bittersweet". It caught me pretty off guard that she actually looked right at me for a response. So, I did what I typically do and stuttered out a sloppy and alarmed " no. No, no, no." Before my brain clicked and I closed my mouth.

I don't know how to respond to this stuff. Why are people so concerned with popping out more kids. I want another child, yes, but holy cow people....patience.

There is something a little frustrating about it. I have a mixture of thoughts on it, like I'm wasting my youth, it's better to do it now while my daughter is still young, but that's all I got.

Just tell them it's none of their business or refuse to engage in conversation

Don't take it to heart. When I was pregnant people thought they could ask me every questions under the sun 'Are you having a natural birth?' 'Are you going to breastfeed' and this was mostly people I hardly knew

Then when he was born everyone including strangers thought they could comment on whether he looked hot or cold or whether he should have a dummy or over the fact I was bottle feeding.

People seem to become way too invested in other peoples lives/children/wombs

Don't let it get to you. YOU know whats best for you.

I am 23 now, and my parents and especially my older sister are bugging me with these questions since I am 20! The just want babies, you know. But I can`t just HAVE them for somebody else.)

So I agree, don't take it so seriously, just make your calmest face and say that you are not planning to have kids any time soon, so they should maybe have kids themselves if they really want them so badly.

That is crazy how they are all hounding you about having a second child when you are only 26! Especially since these guys are your exes! I just find it so hard to believe that 1- a person would WANT to have a baby with their ex and 2- everyone in this situation seem to believe this is reasonable! Your mom, your exes, their moms. Like, what??

I would just tell them that the moment you decide to have a baby they will all be the first to know. But if anyone else has any better responses I might use it myself!

People don't really hound me about having children. Some people ask if I have them or plan to have them but they pretty much drop it when I answer "no" to both. My mom still alludes to the fact that I am "waiting to start a family" even though I have told her on more than one occasion that I don't plan to have any children.

I think it's just human nature to be intrusive and insensitive at times. Just Google the words "10 things never to say to someone ..." and Google will finish it with "with an eating disorder" "with fibromyalgia", "who has a Soldier deployed" and "to a person with migraines". Naturally, the only people who actually read these things are the ones that suffer from those conditions. You will find the same type of lists for various types of cancer, pregnancy or just about anything. It's funny how it works, how people can say things that seem so outrageous to the recipient of these comments yet when the tables are turned, we sure know what the wrong thing to say is.

Take it in stride. Everybody asks everybody the same question. It's such a common question, like, "hey, how's the weather today?" I think what is really getting to you is that you do want another one, but it's not in the cards, and people reiterating that fact to you is driving you up the wall!!! When people ask, just respond with, "you will be the first to know," or "I'm sterile now." Either way, people love to ask these things, cuz frankly, they have nothing else to talk about.

To be funny though, I'd make like Dream of Jeanie, and go poof, "It's the immaculate conception! Thanks, you're the father!"

What was pretty annoying was when people would ask me, when I was getting married - and this was totally sans boyfriend. Um, okay. Sure.

LOL. Wait until you are 30 and have no kids so your grandmother asks your mom if you are a lesbian. Hahahahaha. Good times.

It's none of their business when or if you want to have more children. I can't believe all these people encouraging you to just randomly birth a child. It's kind of a big deal.

Since I'm 30 and have no children, obnoxious people ask me this question frequently. However, I enjoy going out of my way to make obnoxious people feel awkward and uncomfortable when they ask me asinine questions. If they are not someone close to me, I usually answer the question with an equally rude and intrusive question or ask them why it's any of their business. They back off.

My wife had her first 2 kids at 19 and 22. She had our daughter at 36 and is pregnant with our second child now at 38. I tease her all the time that I reopened her uterus for business.

Your uterus is fine. Tell everyone its just waiting for the right partner to reopen for business.

My wife had her first 2 kids at 19 and 22. She had our daughter at 36 and is pregnant with our second child now at 38. I tease her all the time that I reopened her uterus for business.

Your uterus is fine. Tell everyone its just waiting for the right partner to reopen for business.

As long as you don't open it again at 53!!

Archived