Is it really indifference to ignore someone??

sure, no problem, you can talk to them if you're over them. But if you two left on bad terms(cheating involved, abuse, etc.) then why would you still be friends with someone like that? Its like wanting to be friends with someone you dont like, doesn't make sense to me.

Like stuka80 said... depends on the situation. Like HeartGoesOn and KimC said... depends on the person.

I myself will always care about, and therefore after some time has passed... would reply to my ex. I'll never be indifferent. Indifference implies a "could not care less" mentality.

Personally i dont have it in me. I can see life moving onwards, but even after all that has happened, i still care... and would not ignore.

If you care, just remember to be a realist

To me if they treated me badly in any way, they don't deserve any acknowledgement ever and I like to treat people the way I think they deserve. Indeed, ignoring people doesn't necessarily mean indifference; it can also mean wanting to avoid hurtful people/people one now dislikes. Talking to them also doesn't necessarily mean indifference. Anyway, acting in a certain way so as to prove indifference means lack of indifference. So what is your point?

Think about this. If you are truly over someone, wouldnt you talk to them, no big deal? Imo, ignoring that person doesnt mean indifference.

Indifference has nothing to do with ignoring someone.

Indifference means that you do not get a charge out of them, either positive or negative. You can engage someone and still be indifferent to their feelings, etc.

Personally speaking, I don't want to deal with my ex anymore. Doing so will not bring anything useful to my life. I have someone else in my life into whom I'm investing emotion and caring. It's best that he goes on with his life and I go on with my life.

To me if they treated me badly in any way, they don't deserve any acknowledgement ever and I like to treat people the way I think they deserve. Indeed, ignoring people doesn't necessarily mean indifference; it can also mean wanting to avoid hurtful people/people one now dislikes. Talking to them also doesn't necessarily mean indifference. Anyway, acting in a certain way so as to prove indifference means lack of indifference. So what is your point?

Could not agree more.

Think about this. If you are truly over someone, wouldnt you talk to them, no big deal? Imo, ignoring that person doesnt mean indifference.

Indifference means you don't care either way. If they DON'T contact you, it's no big deal so you carry on having no contact. If they DO contact you, it is equally no big deal and it is up to what mood you are in as to whether you can be bothered to hold a conversation with them.

I do get what you're saying. By ignoring someone you are clearly giving them the message that you are NOT over them but that isn't what "ignoring" someone (or rather NC) is about. It is about you choosing to do what is going to hurt YOU less. It shouldn't matter what they think at that point.

If your ex is ignoring you --- it doesn't mean he has feelings for you.

Agree. If your ex was the dumper and he is ignoring you then, as harsh as it sounds, it is because he really can't be bothered. He is moving on and doesn't want to be dragged back to the past.

Archived