So me and my ex broke up about 3 months ago and for the first bit we hung out and "saw" each other but about a month ago she broke it off saying shes not ready for a relationship right now but still loves me alot and she can see me being with her in the future. But for the record we were together for about 3 years and never had any huge issues or any thing small fights here and there. but once she started college about a year ago and since then she only has been doing that, work and seeing me because all her girl friends moved away or what not and now shes always seeing them which is what i want because not having any of your girlfriends for a girl for that long of time can take a huge toll in the stress and what not. and i always let her do what she wanted too do like club or party or what ever it may be i trust her with everything. all my friends tell me too move on and forget her but i get this weird feeling that we'll get back together and we had no contact for about a month or a bit longer then that and i texted her saying "will we ever get back together? or are we done for good" i need too know. and she wanted too meet up so we did and we just talked and hung out and we even went too a movie her idea. and everything is going good but she just wants too focus on her and stuff right now and i agree because i needed too do that too. like now im going too college for my career and also going too the gym and stuff like that. and we never boke up because she was a or i was an just that we kind of lost ourselves i guess i needed too focus on me and as her for herself. and im waiting because ifeel like it will happen and such. it hurts but in the end itll be worth it! hopefully! if not i know ill get hurt even more in the end but shes worth the risk. and keep in mind we're both each others first love first everything. i guess the reason im so persistent is we never broke up becasue i was a or anything but because we lost ourselves being caught up in the relationship so i think if we focus on ourselves itll work out good in the end. Also we've been hanging out and talking lately, jsut some stuff, and we were walking and i saw in the corner of my eye she kept looking at me and smiling and such. also she always says i look good and calls me cute and stuff. Please let me know thanks!!

You probably won't get back together. Highschool to college romances rarely survive because it is such a time of growth and learning.

You did break up --- you just didn't listen. When someone says "I am not ready for a relationship"....that is breaking up.

Don't wait on her. Or on getting back with her. Continue on with you. And staying in touch isn't a great idea --- but you probably will.

Archived