So I'm on 9 months post break up now and yes at first it was really hard letting go and to move on. I pushed her away to her best friend and now boyfriend. I begged and did all the NO NOs after a break up. I accepted it and learned from it. So here's what bothers me from time to time. I unfollowed her on all social networking. I even unfollowed the relevant peeps that post pics with her. I'm over the break up now and have moved on. I'm really doing great with life! I'm back on track with my studies, work, and making gains at the gym. I just don't get how she still likes 70% of the pics I post on my instagram...obviously she still follows me but why does she like my pics?! She's the one that told me we can't be friends and all that "I would never get back with you" blah blah bullsh*t haha btw I have not seen her nor talk to her for 5 months thank god lol

She's telling herself that by liking your junk, you guys are on "friendly" terms.

If you're going to leave a door open, an ex will use that door to make themselves feel better -- meaning, less guilty for how they treated you. You left this door open, so she's using it and enjoying the illusion that this means everything's fine and all is forgiven, yadda yadda. It also probably gives her an ego stroke to imagine that you STILL CARE what she thinks of your posts.

Good for you for not seeing or speaking with her for 5 months! If you can't block her on Instagram, or stop using it, then all you can do is just ignore her, I guess?

I understand! I had a feeling about that also. Yes I do ignore it all the time! I just hate the fact that she does it out of nowhere! and when I do see it, I get mixed feelings about it. I tell myself damn I miss her(the past comes up) but at the same time we're done and it happened for a reason so I end up ignoring it.

She's telling herself that by liking your junk, you guys are on "friendly" terms.

If you're going to leave a door open, an ex will use that door to make themselves feel better -- meaning, less guilty for how they treated you. You left this door open, so she's using it and enjoying the illusion that this means everything's fine and all is forgiven, yadda yadda. It also probably gives her an ego stroke to imagine that you STILL CARE what she thinks of your posts.

Good for you for not seeing or speaking with her for 5 months! If you can't block her on Instagram, or stop using it, then all you can do is just ignore her, I guess?

I understand! I had a feeling about that also. Yes I do ignore it all the time! I just hate the fact that she does it out of nowhere! and when I do see it, I get mixed feelings about it. I tell myself damn I miss her(the past comes up) but at the same time we're done and it happened for a reason so I end up ignoring it.

Archived