I cant do this without closure!

Hello I am new here. I was engaged up until recently. I don't even know happened and I am tying to hold it together most days but its been almost 3 months and its not getting any easier. I was engaged for almost 4 years. I have 3 kids that are not his biologically but that he has raised and been the only dad they have ever really had. First let me say that when this started my kids and I had just moved back to Ohio from Michigan. My ex fiancee got transferred to Michigan for work and we moved with him. After almost 4 years their we made a decision that it would be best for us to move back to Ohio as it was much cheaper for us to live there than Michigan. We decided to do it and we found a house in May and myself and he are on the lease. Kids and I came down in July and financially things were much better off for us. We wanted to save for a house and wedding. About a month in to the move he started acting different and just a lil FYI we are only 2 and half hours apart so the distance isn't a huge deal and his work schedule would allow for him to be home Thurs thru Sun. So the distance isn't ideal but not undo-able. Our family is here our lives were here that is why we wanted to come home and he was totally in agreement with everything. He downsized to a small apartment and we have the house and were still saving money compared to what we were spending there so this was a huge reason we did this but I don't know the calls became less frequent from him for a couple weeks then he stopped answering at all and would only communicate thru text message. He would say he loved us and everything was ok but then he would go for like a week with no response then out of the blue he would send a message saying don't worry all is ok and he was going to call but he never did or would call. I pleaded with him to tell me what was wrong and nothing so after many rude messages and texts to him I ended the relationship thru text because he wouldn't answer the phone or talk to me at all. I still have heard nothing from him and I don't understand how you can just abandon your family like that. He is on the lease but doesn't pay anything for the rent or bills. I am so confused and this is affecting my kids so bad because they don't understand how their dad could just leave them like this. I know he is ok and just ignoring me. I still every so often send a text asking what happened and asking him for closure but I get no response. We have a family plan so I know he uses the phone to talk to others and texts other people but pretends like I and kids don't exist. I have never dealt with anything like this and I am having such a hard time moving on. I cry still all the time and am emotional at the drop of the hat. I been through breakups before but never like this. It's like we are dead to him or something. Any advice on how to get over this or help would be great. I am hurting so bad that I feel sick sometimes.

Thanks for listening.

Thank you. I could contact his family but I think I am too embarrassed to say out loud what he has done to me and the kids. My kids texted him in early Nov and he responded to them and said that he loved them and me and would never leave them and that he promised but then nothing since. He has hurt them and me so bad. I am so angry and hurt all at once that I think I am beginning to hate him!

Archived