Urgent advice needed ASAP

My ex of 6 years that cheated on me and destroyed my world 5mos ago has me very worried. We have been NC/LC as we share a pet and today she texts asking if she can have the dog over christmas, i reply ok and her next text states that she is down to 108.5lbs....she is 5'6. She looks incredible at about 125 and i am scared to know how she looks now. I always make sure i am out of the house when she picks up or drops off the dog. She is bipolar and her mental state seems out of control right now and i am worried for her health. I have a 4 year degree in health and fitness and i know that she is under a healthy bodyfat% for females and that can cause probs. The one time we briefly talked in the past 2 mos she admitted she thinks she has a body image issue and i told her to start seeing her therapist again and to be careful and nit lose anymore. Well her text today has me shaken as i obv still love her and care about her well being. I have reached out to her mother who was also worried from my ex words when we talked. I really want to reach out to her to try and get her help and this has absolutely nothing to do with reconcilliation. I dont know if this is a cry for help or if its just something for attention but i know i would feel horrible if i didnt reach out as we were such a big part of each others lives for a long time and if something happened to her without me atleast offering help would destroy me. What do u guys think and have any of u delat with anything like this?

You have reached out to her mother and I think that is enough. You cannot be her savior. She knows she should be in touch with her therapist if her weight drops. It may indeed be a cry for attention. Do not be caught up in the enabling cycle.

I just have that feeling that things arent right with her and even tho she made this bed to ly in, i still fear for her well being as her disorder has her outta sorts. She would go through a rough period about 1x/year and this may be it except now she doesnt have me or the dog and i know she is lonely. Im not looking for an in to get her back and i do belueve people make mistakes but i am a caring and good person and turning my back on someone just isnt my nature, regardless of what they have done. I havent contacted her or even responded to her text about her weight. I do believe it could be a cry for help or attention but i know there is a problem with her and i just want to lead her to help which is why i contacted her mother. Thanks for everyones input.

Archived