i have become extremely cynical and depressed

I have lost my sparkle.

I am allowing my life situation to bog me down! i no longer have self love, zero motivation to do anything.

i know i am unhealthy and unhappy.

i smoke a lot, which people tell me is only adding to my depression.

i don't even feel like a shell of myself.

the voices in my head are so mean to me, they tell me I'm not good enough, or pretty or funny.

when i hang out with people i don't even know how to react, its been really weird. i feel very out of my skin.

I am very cynical and i can tell people feel uncomfortable around my negative atmosphere

i am lost with no guidance.

i am very confused also, i used to be so positive, focused on the present moment, beaming with a personality.

i commute to community, i do not have a group of friends around..and my friends who go to school have moved on..

i am hanging with a younger sketchy kid who makes me feel like I've really lowered my standards.

lost and insecure

It seems to me that you have lost your way.

You need some counselling. Yes, the smoking does not help. It's a coping mechanism to distract you but in the end, like drinking, it will make things worse. I suggest you write some more details down, here on this site if you need.

You should seek some and in the meantime, look for somebody to talk to; friends, family, or even pm me.

You can do it and you will. One step.

Can you join a support group for quitting smoking? Maybe a meetup group that's free? Taking on and overcoming an addiction like that will make you feel super human and you CAN do it. I think if you start there, the other things will fall into place...you'll feel better about yourself, you'll realize how strong you are, you'll likely make new friends/connections....

My advice is to start there and move outwards.

Archived