Ex made contact with a mutual friend asking about me..

crazyfast

Me and my girlfriend broke up around 2 months ago, I posted a thread here explaining the reasons, etc..

See my original thread by clicking on my profile and finding it.. I would post a link but it won't let me..

Now the thing is, the last time I heard something from my ex, she was seeing another guy..

I've had no contact with her for a good 3 week now - My ex has made contact with a mutual older friend of mine, last week and has been asking how I am, that she is missing me, she has been thinking of the good times, she just wants to hear my voice and that she still loves me, although she did say that she doesn't want me back? - Are these signs of her having second thoughts and that she is interested in getting back with me again? I wouldn't of thought that she would admit to her wanting me back, she is really stubborn and wouldn't admit such a thing.

She also told my friend not to tell me that she has been in contact.

she did say that she doesn't want me back? - Are these signs of her having second thoughts and that she is interested in getting back with me again?

Nope, she doesn't want you back. Sorry. She is just trying to ease the guilt that she if feeling for hurting you. Being too stubborn to admit they want you back therefore not saying it is one thing. Stating clearly that they DON'T want you back is quite another. As hard as it is, you need to take her statement seriously.

Maybe it's going that way, but right now it's not quite enough for her to contact you.... I'd give it another 3-5 weeks and see how you feel and reassess then. But for the moment heal yourself get over her, move on. Whatever you do, DO NOT contact her, otherwise you are toast. She needs to miss you more (it's usually at least 8-12 weeks), you will not be missing any opportunities here - Trust me and everyone who has gotten burned by reaching out to an ex.

She is obviously missing you, but if you reach out to her, she won't miss you anymore and bang, you've made a fool of yourself, and she can move on with a clearer conscience. NC for now, and I repeat DO NOT whatever you do DO NOT contact her.

So many have said the same thing and contacted their ex way too soon in spite of everyone saying "DONT DO IT", and all of them regretted it, PLEASE do not be another clueless sucker who goes down that dead end path.

Nope, she doesn't want you back. Sorry. She is just trying to ease the guilt that she if feeling for hurting you. Being too stubborn to admit they want you back therefore not saying it is one thing. Stating clearly that they DON'T want you back is quite another. As hard as it is, you need to take her statement seriously.

She told my friend not to tell me that she has been in contact though? surely that is something?

She told my friend not to tell me that she has been in contact though? surely that is something?

Yeah, it's something -- it's more than likely her telling him that so you don't get overly excited and start contacting her. It's not necessarily a good sign at all, no matter how badly you wish it to be.

Archived