Don't be afraid of no contact

hrdcore1337

No contact is most likely the strongest move you can make to better your life after a break up with a significant other.

Why you may ask?

1. You are free to do whatever you want to do, and you do not have to be glued to your phone no longer.

2. While you may still think about them, you treat it as if it was over, and that you'll cherish the GOOD memories you had with them for life.

3. You give your ex a real taste of life without you there.

4. You enjoy life, go out with your friends, cook dinner for your family, do something stupid (not legally stupid, but funny stupid) and you don't have to report everything to them.

5. You are free to flirt or to talk to the other sex without anything to lose.

6. Though you may be hurting, healing is actively going on when you break your addiction of talking to them all the time.

7. Lastly, if they are really the one that is meant to be with you, they'll come back, one way or another, and if not, then you KNOW for a fact, that she wasn't the one.

My first love was the most amazing woman out there I have ever met, however, I made a mistake (not cheating or anything unfaithful).

I let myself become jealous of her coworkers, and felt insecure about myself, well you know what?

Reality check,

I am a handsome guy, I have my education, my family, my friends, my pets and my life. If she doesn't want a part of all that pie, then I will find someone who does!

So don't be afraid of no contact. Make it active no contact, better your mind, your body and your soul.

Hi Cali Rose - no you shouldn't contact him. If you're still sad - you're not over the old relationship and whether you get back together with him or not, the past relationship has to be just that - "The Past Relationship." Otherwise, it will continue where it left off, and the old garbage will come into the new relationship.

This also goes for any relationship in the future that may not be with your ex. You need to draw a line between you and the past - and allow yourself to forgive and grow! One thing that worked for me was getting out and contributing, and this is a great time of the year for that. It really made me feel good and take my mind off of things! Growing and contributing - were my #1 things to overcome the sadness and "Old" relationship - in total, being the person that they were attracted to in the first place, not some sad and unmotivated person.

I hope this helps! Hugs Cali!!!!

This is what this forum needs! More posts like this!

I'm 2 months out and much MUCH happier. When we first broke up, i was an absolute mess. Now I look back and wonder why...I have my life back, and I feel myself!

I don't eve have the urge to see what he's up to online. Total NC (which includes online stalking) has got me here: indifference.

It's beautiful

great post! +Respect. But the problem is where a person is too sensitive to let go of the past.

Tell us how do you try to let go the past? I mean all those memories and stuff? How do you deal with them?

Do you like feeling miserable? Do you like feeling down and sad most part of the day? I'm a very sensitive person. When I love someone, I give 100% of myself. Body and Soul. How am I trying to let go? Like Mhowe said once "I'm tired and sick of feeling tired and sick about it all the time". The same way I want her back, she does not want to be with me. She's a human being just like me and has her needs just like me. I can't force her, but I can force myself.

Over is over. Unfortunately that's how things are. Stick to NC. Yeah you had good memories and other things but just because someone broke up with you, it doesn't mean you'll never have these things again. Let it go.

Do you like feeling miserable? Do you like feeling down and sad most part of the day? I'm a very sensitive person. When I love someone, I give 100% of myself. Body and Soul. How am I trying to let go? Like Mhowe said once "I'm tired and sick of feeling tired and sick about it all the time". The same way I want her back, she does not want to be with me. She's a human being just like me and has her needs just like me. I can't force her, but I can force myself.

Over is over. Unfortunately that's how things are. Stick to NC. Yeah you had good memories and other things but just because someone broke up with you, it doesn't mean you'll never have these things again. Let it go.

I love being quoted!

Yes...let go, with love in your heart and live to love another day and another person!

Don't just *delete*.... BLOCK her.

It's going to help you recover.... you need to cut those ties so you can heal and move on.

I'd recommend taking it a step further if you have mutual friends, and just turn Facebook off for awhile.

These friends, whether they mean to or not, can act as go-betweens.

Better to not put yourself at any risk.

I want my ex back more than anything, but I blocked her anyway. And her roommate who I had talked to a few times about her. It's most definitely a relief to not have to see her pretty face all over facebook. I've almost cut off all use of facebook tho, I've had many relationships get ruined because of fb jealousy. My friends have most likely remained friends with her, but I know if she posts anything I won't like, they won't tell me about it. And to be honest? I don't wan't to know anything she posts. At all.

Gonna try hard with this no contact rule.. And hope for the best. Goodluck to all in the NC stage...

• 4 months later...

Archived