One kiss and he ran for the hills

Fe123w

Okay, so for the past couple of months, I've grown closer to a guy with whom there is unbelievable chemistry, and he has also been a very caring and supportive friend. We recently spent an evening together, and at the end of it, he kissed me, yay! No..he then freaked out and apologised; said he wasn't ready for a relationship (it was only a kiss!) and that he didn't want to lead me on. I appreciate that, but as we hashed this out, he admitted that he does like me, but I can see that he's really reluctant for a relationship. Unfortunately, we kissed a bit more after that, and it definitely seemed like there were feelings involved, if you know what I mean. When he was leaving though, he seemed really concerned that this hadn't affected what we had, and told me to tell him if I felt weird about it (obviously not going to do that..).

Overall, this guy is usually quite thoughtful, but I have not heard from him at all since this night (4 days ago) and I don't understand why. I'd have thought he would have checked up on me or something, if he really cared.. I'm feeling so confused and down in the dumps about this, would really appreciate someone's opinion / someone to kick some sense into me!

I think the actions you take after this need to be driven by an understanding of what YOU want from this. Do you want a relationship? Do you want a friendship? Can't be both. It sounds like you want a proper relationship from this guy, and it also sounds like he's made it quite clear he isn't down for that. If this is accurate, then you should ask yourself what you would gain from continuing to hang out with him.

Oh you're right, I think it's just so much harder to break away when you start out as friends. I know it'll hurt if I stay friends with him, but I'm so used to him being around, it's scary to think of him not being there. But I suppose he hasn't been there this time. What a stupid situation; why did he have to kiss me!!

Thank-you for replying.

Oh you're right, I think it's just so much harder to break away when you start out as friends. I know it'll hurt if I stay friends with him, but I'm so used to him being around, it's scary to think of him not being there. But I suppose he hasn't been there this time. What a stupid situation; why did he have to kiss me!!

Thank-you for replying.

Why? He momentarily was thinking with his little head, and not his big one. Just a fleeting moment of lust.

Archived