Should I text my ex congratulations?

Been broken up with my ex for about 8 months. You can read some of my other threads for the background. But she just graduated yesterday from college. I am super proud of her and want to tell her congrats. She means a lot to me and I am so happy for her. Should I do it? We have been in and out of contact but most of it is her texting me. So I am scared to get shot down since I am texting her out of the blue

Go for it!! As long as it's not to rehash nastiness or to try and reconcile (which warrants a phone call or in person conversation), then I don't see why not. It's nice that you still value her and think highly of her. So long as you keep it to a nice short note and have no expectations, I say go for it!!

Thanks Savignon. Honestly I dont know why I am scared. I know she wont be rude towards me because we have talked a good amount since the breakup. Unless somebody else says its a bad idea I think I will do it tonight. I dont plan to bring up reconciling or anything. Just want to be friendly and show her I still care.

Archived