Ex Getting Married. What's going on?

Well I'm 22, she's 18. She dumped me on September 18th after she started college (my college) because I think I was suffocating her. Now she is married to someone she met four months ago. They have been dating for two months. I have been in NC since they started dating.

What in the world?

No idea what's going on with her.

Stop thinking about what she is doing and the meaning of what she is doing (much easier to say than do, I know). Stay NC and cut off any communication you have that got you this information. Do not let people bring her up, block her on FB and other social media, do not answer phone calls, texts, or emails.

Maybe she got pregnant. Or maybe she rebounded in an extreme way. Whatever the case, it doesn't sound healthy. As hard as it may be, try not to waste your time trying to figure out why. It doesn't matter why. She chose to exit your life and that is all you need to know. Try to avoid learning anything new about her or else you risk keeping yourself stuck.

Yes, there's no reason to try and figure her out honestly. If her reason for dumping you was because you were suffocating her, then I'm not sure how a marriage is a step in the right direction. Either way her decisions, bad or good, are her own.

Maybe she got pregnant. Or maybe she rebounded in an extreme way. Whatever the case, it doesn't sound healthy. As hard as it may be, try not to waste your time trying to figure out why. It doesn't matter why. She chose to exit your life and that is all you need to know. Try to avoid learning anything new about her or else you risk keeping yourself stuck.

This. This so much all over the world. I'll try to remember this when I get sad thinking of my ex. There really isn't any other way to explain things...I dated for 3 years but you're probably in more pain than I am now, but try to keep that in mind.

As others have stated trying to figure out her reasons will drive you potty!! There could be various reasons as to why, some you might not like hearing!! Yes it could be a case that she rebounded in an extreme manner or it could be a case she feels she has met someone who is her soul mate. Either way trying to figure out her reasons will be a pointless exercise and will drive you crazy!!

I'm honestly more confused than I am hurt. She knew awhile back that I was saving up for a ring for her. Just weird.

But I guess it's the last spark I needed to know there is no hope left. I can finally let go of my first love.

Is there anything I can do to help deal with the pain? I have been in NC 61 days and it hasn't gotten much easier.

I'm honestly more confused than I am hurt. She knew awhile back that I was saving up for a ring for her. Just weird.

But I guess it's the last spark I needed to know there is no hope left. I can finally let go of my first love.

Is there anything I can do to help deal with the pain? I have been in NC 61 days and it hasn't gotten much easier.

Hang out with your friends. Get a bunch of them and go out do something. It's helping me a lot. Try to go to the gym, it helps a lot too.

Well I messaged her my congratulations. I wanted to clear the air of the emotions from this relationship so I can give my all to the next one.

She messaged me back. Mentioned that she wasn't and did not plan to be pregnant. She said she is very happy and only wants the best of happiness for me. She then proceeded to tell me that when I find the one I will know it because you just feel it. So basically an 18 year old just tried to talk to me about true love. Lol

Anyways I friended her back on Facebook and I am ready to move on with no animosity. At this point I am curious what she is doing simply for the sake of being curious.

Any more guesses?

Something similar happened to me, altho both of us are a lot older. We broke up, she got engaged and married within the next six months to someone she knew from early in her life.

I never contacted her after she got married (did a whole lot before though) and then she texted me a happy birthday a year later. I had sorta kinda moved on but hearing from her set me back to hoping she realizes she made a mistake and comes back to me. (I do want her to be happy if course is she already is).

I dunno man. She left. In my case, it was mostly my faults that pushed her away. Maybe you feel guilty too about something you did or did not too. Accept the guilt (if applicable), realize that everyone is human and we all make mistakes, even serious ones. That's what it means to be human.

Let her go. Your ego is very bruised and hurt right now but she made a choice. Let her go. Block all contact and do not friend her...it'll just hurt more in the longer run.

Archived