Not in a good place tonight and just need to write about it

TheD87

I don't know, I post here sometimes and just writing my feelings out sometimes helps. But I am not in a good place tonight. I feel like I am always going to be lonely and am just not in a good place. I am 26, I have only ever been on dates with like 6 people, only been on multiple dates with maybe 4 people ever and have only had two people that I have ever "dated", the longest of which lasted only about 3-4 months. So basically I have been single over 25 of the 26 years of my life. I get extremely lonely now and just feel like I am never going to meet someone. I tried online dating, but it has made the feelings worse instead of better because I get almost no responses from anyone online, which just kind of further kills my self esteem. The odd thing is that I am an extremely optimistic person and happy go lucky in every other aspect in my life, but my dating life is just killing me inside now. I feel like no girl is ever going to want me, the last girl I dated kind of furthered that point when we broke up she kind of told me she was just dating me for sex and called me all sorts of hurtful things at the end. I am also at the age where all my friends are getting married or have serious girlfriends now and when we go out all of them go home to their girls and I am going home alone like always. Earlier in the summer I kind of felt like this but had a lot of other issues going on and thought this was just a result of my other issues, but now every other part of my life is coming together, but I still feel like I am worthless and that I will always be alone.

I don't know how lucky he really is. I have very limited experience with women as well at 29. Honestly, I would rather be a dateless virgin again. It really is harder not being able to get what you want while knowing exactly what you're missing. Sometimes ignorance really is better.

Describe the kind of girl you keep going after. Personality, looks, etc. What is your preference that you keep gravitating toward?

Well I am kind of shy and have pretty low self esteem currently at least when it comes to women so I've tended to end up with girls who are kind of dominant and talkative, you know someone who will kind of make the moves early on. Physically I am more into girls who are in shape, but really I don't have too much of a type. The two girls I dated one was blonde/blue eyes and the other was brunette/brown eyes. One actually contacted me first, so she made the first move when I met her and the second one I approached first but she made the first move physically when we were dating, inviting me to her house after a date, etc.

It always makes me feel better when I hear of someone who has it worse, so this might help you. I'm 41 and have only had one boyfriend my entire life and that was 13 years ago. I pray you don't find yourself at my age with still nothing else to add to your dating resume, because it sucks when you know your youth is gone which is one of the biggest advantages a single person can have.

Archived