Just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. Just wanted to VENT out.

BlueVelvet1990

Ok guys i've been thinking of breaking up with my girlfriend for awhile now and after this argument we had today I told her im done with it. She got mad because I went out with my friends last night and I didn't text her good night. I told her I went straight to sleep after I went to the bar. Shes got very out of hand lately and I hate how she thinks I'm made of money and have no bills to pay. She made me pay for a vacation getaway for both of us which was $700 total for her Xmas gift/Graduation present and she knows I've been tight on bills and she was like "Where does your money go"? It really pissed me off.

Heres why I broke up with her

1) Very possessive. (gets mad when I go out with my friends) Her reason is always "I choose my friends over her"

2) I pay for 80% of everything (Lunch, Dinner, you name it) Ever since I got with her my credit cards have risen up (YUP 3 years with this girl)

3) Doesn't give me time to relax and keeps me up late at night when i work 5am 5 days a week

4) I dont feel comfortable around her family

5) Shes very materialistic and expects high end stuff everytime. Louis vuitton, gucci, filet mignon dinner for every occasion, you name it. She talks bad crap about "Normal" restaurants when I plan them on occasions.

Well anyways she just graduated and she thought I was going to spend high $$$ but Im dodging all this crap for my own being. Im happy i did it as I will have more time to focus on myself, get a better career, spend more time with friends and family etc.. Nomore late night calls so I will get to sleep in earlier and be earlier to work without being tired and drained.

Anyways I'm sad aswell cause its christmas and all i see on my facebook is couples posting pictures with them next to a christmas tree and hugging each other and somewhat will miss her company. Just wanted to vent guys, Happy holidays

Well done. Sometimes you gotta love yourself more than the relationship or a girl who makes you unhappy regularly. Just stay strong and dont go back no matter how lonely you feel

also dont have some stupid rebound. Be alone now for awhile and heal from this relationship.

Set your standards high

You have very valid reasons as to why you broke up with her, so I'm proud of you! Not every girl is like her, I promise. She defenitly showed you that she was with you for what you could offer her, not because she liked who you were as a person. Now, just take time to yourself and like the comment above says, don't waste your time with a rebound!

As for the holidays, yes, i know.. get's a little sad to see everyone with their loved ones, but just think of it as one of these days in the long run, youll be able to have that special someone by your side on christmas!

Sounds like she's been quite inconsiderate and selfish.

You've come to realize a few *important factors and that you two cannot get along.

Yes, I know of that time of year and it does hurt! But many of us are the same this year too.... you're not alone.

Take care.

Wow, the girl saw you as a meal ticket. New rule to adopt is the one my brother has about women: "I don't do high maintenance, ever." I'm a woman and I'd never expect the things she does and never have, whether or not the guy can pay for it. Nice gifts are fine, but filet mignon and only the "finest restaurants" puhleeze. (rolls eyes) Let her pay for it if she wants those things, I do.

P.S. I think logos on handbags are downright creepy.

P.S. I think logos on handbags are downright creepy.

I think "ugly" whenever I see them, snicker, and wonder why some women can't see how hideous they look. My mister could afford to buy me expensive gifts, but knows I'd be incredibly ticked off if he blew money on such foolish items on me.

BlueV, you deserve someone who appreciates the real and meaningful gifts you offer.

Good job. One thing to consider for your own head going forward: no GF 'makes' you do anything.

You're a grown man and fully capable of making your own decisions. A GF is not a parent. Not even your parents can 'make' you do anything at this point, so it's best to lose the idea that blaming someone else for your choices and whining about that makes you sound at all competent or mature. I'd quit that.

You may not 'like' consequences of a choice to not comply with someone else's wishes, but that decision is yours to make.

Read up and practice negotiation techniques--there are ways to bribe people into viewing your wishes as being in their best interests. Offer to sweeten the pot to get what you want by offering something she wants. OR, compromise responsibly and own that--OR, buck up and accept the consequences of your own wishes.

If you can't figure out the best ways to bribe someone, then you're not a compatible a parter or you're not paying attention.

Always change the phrase, "I can't" to "I won't" for accuracy, and take the phrase, "they made me do it" out of your vocabulary. You'll thank your Self.

Head high.

Damn guys thanks for all your support. This will be second day and Im starting to feel a bit more torn as memories just keep flying to me. Usually sundays we'd sleep in together and grab lunch and watch a movie. Damn I cant believe im feeling this lonely. Im about to head to the gym and hang out with my friends later to keep my mind off her. All I keep thinking about was her since the morning and waking up next to her. I know I did it for the best of me.

Archived