Hope out of the Blue...

A few of you may remember me from my old thread...I don't have the link to it so I'm sorry for that.

So it's been nearly a month (I'm not sure I'm not really counting) since she last contacted me and I had any kind of communication with her...No pictures, no letters, no NOTHING. I have absolutely nothing to remind me of her. No mutual friends either.

But last night for some weird reason, something inside my head just started saying "Have hope, she is coming back". Why, why is this happening? It's been 2 months since she broke up with me. That alone says that she is over me so WHY is this happening now. Why am I conspiring against myself?

I'm seeing this girl for a few weeks now. She knows the entire story. She knows I'm not ready for a serious relationship. We're just enjoying each other. I was doing so fine so WHY is my heart and my head fighting against me? Why are they trying to make me have hope to regain my ex?

It is the last gasp of hope...let it go.

But why? I mean I understand of course we been together for 3 years so it's natural that sometimes I may feel down but, out of nowhere? No reminders? No nothing?

I don't torture myself. When I start thinking of her I immediately make myself stop. I'm yet to see a post where you're wrong Mhowe, but I can not understand where this hope is coming from. And I need to purge it.

Nearly a month since last contact? Seeing someone new for few weeks? Then your ex comes creeping up again in your mind.. and on goes 'more feelings' etc.

It's there because all is still so fresh for you.... You don't sound like you're actually 'over her' yet.

Seems like YOU need more time... to work on things. Your mental/emotional stability. (You are still bothered.. still have some hope there).

Things will probably be a little different tomorrow or soon. These thoughts may cease a bit. It can take some time for everything to be 'gone'.

But just remember, it is always best to move on when you know you're over your ex and much more stable in all areas and 'happy' with yourself.

One day at a time.....

Nearly a month since last contact? Seeing someone new for few weeks? Then your ex comes creeping up again in your mind.. and on goes 'more feelings' etc.

It's there because all is still so fresh for you.... You don't sound like you're actually 'over her' yet.

Seems like YOU need more time... to work on things. Your mental/emotional stability. (You are still bothered.. still have some hope there).

Things will probably be a little different tomorrow or soon. These thoughts may cease a bit. It can take some time for everything to be 'gone'.

But just remember, it is always best to move on when you know you're over your ex and much more stable in all areas and 'happy' with yourself.

One day at a time.....

Thanks for your answer SooSad. Yeah I know I'm not over her. Things are still very fresh. I just don't understand why this sudden hope. I thought that maybe I had already fully accepted that she is gone and that maybe I was already healing but...I don't know anymore.

Right.. with it being a LTR, can't expect all of those memories & emotions to stop in just a month. It can a few months to 'accept & heal' from your loss.

I was in a 5 yr relations.. am on month 8 and still feeling those emotions.. memories etc. Not easy to 'get over' and move on.

You can expect this to happen, out of nowhere. It's like a 'wave' of emotion and it's common. It'll ease off and something can come on strong, again. For a while.

Archived