Really depressed

I'm a senior in highschool, i was seeing this girl from school for about 5 months, last week and a half i changed towards her, idk why i became a bit colder. She said we needed to talk, and we both agreed on a break/breakup she started crying. A few days later i realized how stupid i was and she said she still liked me but i needed to show her things would be different. 2 weeks from then she says we should be friends. A week later i found out she's seeing this new guy(3 weeks ago). Finding out about him completely devastated me, i'm having trouble sleeping, enjoying life and what so. This girl used to be CRAZY about me, all it took was 3-4 weeks to move on Why can't i have a switch in my heart to do the same. We don't even make eye contact whenever we pass by, i feel replaced really fast. And i heard she's really happy with the new guy. I feel like i can't function anymore, all i do is replay scenarios where i could've made it better,i need to forgive myself and give up of all hope of her ever coming back. Luckily i get to move countries for university next year if this feeling doesn't go away from now till the end of the school year. I barely have any close friends anymore, most of them went off to university in different places last year, i've got maybe 5 close friends and that's it. The thing is my ex is BEAUTIFUL and her personality was amazing, never met anyone as nice as her. I feel like there is no better than her. I wish i didn't push her away

You do need to forgive yourself and realize you were happy before her and you will be happy after her. This depression you're feeling is completely normal. Right now you're chemically imbalanced...love is chemistry. So is heartache. Chemically, you're messed up and it takes time for you to get back in balance.

In the meantime, you should make a decision to be happy and do the things that make you feel good about yourself and who you are.

If you have five good friends, you're a lucky young man. Five is a good number. Any more and you'd feel stretched too thin.

Right now, in my opinion, the best thing you could do is to become consumed with your own life. Really dive into it. Do interesting things. Have an adventure. Change the way you look (subtly - nothing drastic for now.) Be kind to yourself and others.

You'll make it through this.

It blows my mind how she moved on so fast,and i just want her more and more everyday. And my heart tells me, she'll come back. Just 2 months ago she was happy as anyone gets just by being with me, but i KNOW logically the chances of her coming back after falling for this new guy is practically 0 and my heart has to get convinced as well. Like what more do i need than seeing her with someone new to convince my self she will never be back

It blows my mind how she moved on so fast,and i just want her more and more everyday. And my heart tells me, she'll come back. Just 2 months ago she was happy as anyone gets just by being with me, but i KNOW logically the chances of her coming back after falling for this new guy is practically 0 and my heart has to get convinced as well. Like what more do i need than seeing her with someone new to convince my self she will never be back

I probably shouldn't do this, but I can't help myself. Maybe it's the mom inside me...

Do you know what the law of attraction is? I think you might find it interesting. If you're a fan of science, think of it as something like the observer effect for relationships - you affect change with your thoughts.

Read about the law of attraction here: link removed

And think about how you might change your thought process to affect personal change.

I don't want to give you false hope, but I think there's always hope as long as there's desire.

One of her bestfriends told me she doesn't know how it happened since she used to say how great of a guy you are.i mistreated her the last two weeks, she thought i was embarassed to be with her and i tried so much to fix things.But the thing is she DOES have a new boyfriend now and she's really happy. She reached indifference in an unsually fast way,like for example my first ex, we barely went out i was still crazy over her for such a long time. But right now there would be 0% of me ever thinking of getting over her. I think once you really fall for someone new, the past is in the past. I read everything i could i was even planning on using text your ex and i did for the first two three messages, but i realize it'll prolong my healing.

But thanks for the help

Archived