Too pushy on our first phone conversation

dilema83

So I have been communicating with this guy through a dating website for a few weeks. Last week he asked me to send him a text message so we could have more frequent conversations. I saw no harm in that. His profile seemed as though he was a mature man (31, had a career, nicely written goals in life). Within the first few texts he says that he wants to have kids with me. I figured I would be nice and not overreact, so I told him that I'm not comfortable with that conversation since we just started talking. He sent me a picture of "what our kids would look like." I didn't find it cute, just creepy. I told him he needed to slow down because we weren't on the same page. He apologized and said he wouldn't be pushy. The texts on the next day were polite, how was your day and very pleasant. Two days later he texted me that he loves me and wants me to be the mother of his children. He also asked if I could come out to NYC and be with him before he leaves the country for the Holidays to be with his family. At that point I was done. I texted him I'm not going to NYC and left it at that. He called me 5 times that evening and 3 more times the following morning (I ignored each one of those calls). I didn't want to be mean so I wrote him an email saying that I wasn't ready for anything at this point and wished him a wonderful time with his family.

I guess my question is can anyone figure out what that whole thing was about? I feel very creeped out. What is your take on this? To me this whole thing sounds like it is taken out of the movie. I took my profile down from the dating site and blocked his number from my phone.

>>Within the first few texts he says that he wants to have kids with me.

Instant dumpage if someone does something like that. Really, you dodged a bullet. This guy has issues and that is NOT normal. He was trying to bully you into meeting him, either for sex or to steal your money, who knows! He's either nuts to suggest that, or he thinks that is a line that will appeal to you because most women want to settle down and have kids.

And don't worry about 'being mean' to a stranger who is behaving oddly that you haven't even met! Just cut him off. Either tell him it's not working and you're not interested (and then ignore him), or go straight to ignoring his texts. But never respond again once you realize something isn't right. the world if full of great people, but also weird ones, so you need to be careful and not encourage the weird ones.

Archived