Christmas card to her - should I include this phrase or not?

winstonwolf

Hey guys need a few opinions on what I should say in a christmas card I'm sending to a girl. Things between us are best described as complicated. There was a lot of bad timing: I was hurting over a previous girl when she came on to me and showed interest. I was able to shed myself of feelings for this other girl shortly after, but distance and schedule was an issue and before I had a chance to really court her, some other guy moved in and they are dating now. She knows that I like her, and she is not serious at all with this current guy. She's dumped him a couple times and then decided to get back together each time. We've recently started communicating again, nothing big, just a few texts, social media interactions, etc...

I just want to remind her that I care, and congratulate her on her recent accomplishments (getting into grad school), so I thought I'd send her a card doing so. What I want to know is should I end the card saying something like "I just want you to know I'm thinking about you" or should I just congratulate her and wish her a merry christmas? (Since sending a card pretty much implies I'm thinking about her lol). But after writing this now I ask, should I even send her a card at all? And just wait till she finally ends things with this guy before I do anything?

Well...she knows that you like her, but she is actively choosing to carry on with her on again off again bf drama.

Send her the card if you want, just congratulating her on whatever, wishing her happy holidays. She'll know what you are trying to do and it will be flattering to her.

However, don't hold your breath that anything is going to change between you two.

Well...she knows that you like her, but she is actively choosing to carry on with her on again off again bf drama.

Send her the card if you want, just congratulating her on whatever, wishing her happy holidays. She'll know what you are trying to do and it will be flattering to her.

However, don't hold your breath that anything is going to change between you two.

Kind of what I was getting it.

Maybe just wish her a merry xmas. Like you said, the card alone implies that you are thinking of her. Is she still with that guy? That sentiment might be crossing the line for him.

So you think flat out saying so in the card sounds too pushy or desperate? Yes she is still with him. She's dumped him twice in the last 8 months. The more recent time was the beginning of this November. What do you mean crossing the line for him? I give zero s about this guy and without going into detail I think it is unlikely he knows anything about this situation between me and her.

Kind of what I was getting it.

So you think flat out saying so in the card sounds too pushy or desperate? Yes she is still with him. She's dumped him twice in the last 8 months. The more recent time was the beginning of this November. What do you mean crossing the line for him? I give zero s about this guy and without going into detail I think it is unlikely he knows anything about this situation between me and her.

You don't have to like the guy, but respect that she is in a relationship and don't come on so strong. Plus, what dancing fool said. Just a congrats and merry xmas is fine, and will most likely be appreciated.

Ok so I agree with most of what has been said. I'm definitely going to send it, but I'll leave out the last part, as sending a card in the first place sends a message that I'm thinking of her. I've never liked a girl more than her, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do everything I could to try to be with her, so I have to try. Distance is no longer an issue now, but it will be in 6 months or so.

And yes I'm not holding my breath that this will change anything instantly. But as I said before, she definitely did like me before. And I can just hope that girl that liked me is still in there somewhere. And maybe this card is a small step in the right direction.

Archived