Is she REALLY interested?

Excelsior

Ok soooo iv recently been dating a girl. we've been on 5 dates over the course of about 3 weeks and things are progressing really well. there really isnt any problems with regard to our physical interactions. we both enjoy each others company. my issue is with the interaction we have when we are not together.

We communicate soley via text messages. its how we first hooked up and have been doing so ever since. from the word go our messages are generally very long and we exchange about 4 a day i usually respond within a couple of hours. hers normally take 3-4 hrs to come through. sometimes anything up to 6-7 hrs. when we meet up she dosnt hang around in texting me saying how nice a time she has had and that she looks forward to the next one.

As we have begun to get more intimate i have been getting slightly more intimate with the messages i send her. things like telling her she is hot and that i cant eait to see her again and so on. the text responses have always come in but never does she acknowledge my comments, but instead ingnores them in her next text replying to everything other than the intimate comments. Also from my experiance in other relationships, when you really like someone you text like crazy telling each other how much you like each other and so on. I find it strange why she takes so long to text back.

The 3rd time we dated she explained that she was feeling really nervous as we had kissed on the 2nd. she asked why it was that she felt so nervous. i said i felt the same and responded by saying that i think it was becasue i like her so much. she said she felt the same.

all the signs are there, she talks about our next dates and that she is looking forward to them, even giving ideas on what we should do next. its just that vibe im getting from her lack of responce to the intimate text message comments, like i havent even written them and taking so long to repond.

thoughts? thanks in advance.

i just see an easy way of putting that though. i was actually thinking that next time we see each other to wait until we have been chilling out for a while and saying 'you dont take compliments very well do you? actually scrub that you just dont take compliments at all' in a humorous way. she'll probably say what do you mean and then i can move onto the topic of the texts from there. arghhh i dont know" im really worried about coming accross too full on...

I'm in the same exact situation as you bro. The girl obviously likes me and we reciprocate feelings, but sometimes she takes way longer to text me back after I state something that leaves me vulnerable. I just tell myself she prolly just has other things to be doing, and I just let it ride. I would definitely NOT ask her why she takes too long, that is bad advice (no offense). She would more than likely misinterpret that as being overly clingy or whatever. I say just let it ride, and maybe don't text her your feelings for a while, and see if she does. Let her make the first move in that area for once.

I usually text first, but yesterday I told myself I was just gonna hold out and make her text me that way I don't feel like some puppy dog...it works like a charm, she texted me like 3 times within one hour because I was holding out on her, lol. Good luck man, we're in the same boat, so I feel you!

You are wrong that when people like each other they text like crazy. Some do and many more do not. Texting doesn't create a relationship. If she has a job or school, it's normal that it takes her a long time to respond. She may be busy and not the type to check her phone every five minutes. Some workplaces prohibit cell phone use. Same goes for weekends. For example if I'm out and about I'm not checking my phone and probably won't for many hours. So, not everybody is into texting obsessively.

As for your compliments and telling her things like she is so hot, etc. It could be that she is not into that kind of stuff and not really going to respond in kind. It could be that she thinks you are being too forward and too pushy, too much too soon, so by ignoring those comments, she is kind of trying to send you the message to take it easy, relax and go with the flow more. Don't push so hard.

Thanks B4551C i held off yesterday and text her at the end of the day and like you we chatted for a good few hours with no real pauses whatsoever, so yeh it does work. I guess some chicks just dont prioritise texting as much as some. like you i know she is busy, the bit that grips my is the fact that no matter how busy i am, ill always make time to respond. my veiw on it is if you like someone then you speak to them.

She's been on the dating game ALOT longer than me so she's probably used to the whole take things steady regime. like i said when we're together everything is fine its just the time we are apart that it gets to me. when you look through the fog and see the good comments, she has implied she likes me (be it in a very reserved manor) she has implied everytime that she wants to hook up again and even last night suggested somewhere to go for the next date.

One side of me is saying she is probably just taking things slow, one side of me is saying she is playing games. i dont think she is that kind of girl and iv been told she isnt by a mate that knows her.

Im just going to take a step back from it. everyone i speak to suggests that its attractive to remain independent and not so available. Urghh games suck! why if you like someone should you have too?!

Make sure you let me know how your getting on. how long have you been dating your girl?

I agree completely! I am a sales consultant for a very reputable dealer in a very busy suburb of D.C...needless to say I am busy pretty much all the time. I still make time to respond to a text, it takes me like...1 minute tops. but it is what it is I suppose lol I'm a texting kind of person so I'm sure I prioritize it a bit more.

We are going on our 4th date tonight, we've been seeing each other for about a month. It's a bit easier for me to lay off than it seems for you from what I've read. My girl has flat out told me that she absolutely adores me and everyday she tells me that she is having such a great time exploring me and figuring me out. So I am not so worried about her playing games, I just hate texting something that makes me feel vulnerable, and wait like 5 hours before she texts me back lol. Good luck man, I'm sure everything will smooth out and once she gets more comfortable with you, you'll either stop needing a speedy reply, or she will start giving them...or somewhere in between.

Archived