Knocking them off the pedestal. List dumpers bad qualities here

So, I realize that I, along with many other people put their ex on a pedestal where they don't belong. After being dumped we look back at the idealized version of them, that never really existed. Of course they had good qualities. We wouldn't have fallen for them if they didn't. But nobody is perfect. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where the dumped could list the things about their ex that in retrospect isn't all that great. So, put it down here and remove them from the pedestal. I will do mine in a few hours when I'm off work.

I really like this idea!... I didn't think it was going to be that tough to do since I usually can think of things. He was a lieing cheating hoe-bag..Are we allowed to use that word? Well he was....and still is and his warped opinion of a relationship has carried on with me since I have known him and it's screwed up many many potential relationships that could of become more serious. He has screwed me up more logically than anything I think about things when it comes to dating as a physical connection that won't lead to more any longer. I use to think of the whole fairy tale story of two lovers when they know they love each-other, they just know. Now it is this whole 10000 page problem, in which before I was more dreamy and way the heck more relaxed. My ex has ruined a lot of years out of my life and the best years, the years where I was at my most PRIME. I don't hate him, I have learned things, but yes, a lot of negative. + He took to long crapping in the bathroom EVERY morning. He would take a good 30 mins in the restroom, i had to hurry up, wake up and go pee while I could at 3am in the morning, just because I knew this about him.

He is indecisive about everything in life and does nothing but work. He knows nothing else but work, he has been working and doing the same construction crap since he was 17 years old. He is now 30!....While he is not working, he is screwing a girl and I know for a fact, more than one in probably the same week, it disgust me to no end! Pathological liar and he made me kill the baby he impregnated me with while he was saying he loved me, wanted to get a house with me and be life-partners. He is the BIGGEST LIAR AND CHEATER I have ever known. Whenever I actually got pregnant and was excited to move forward he turns around and does a 180 on my heart! Gets on his kneese, doesn't ask me to marry him, NO....Beeeegs and pleads and even a couple crocodile tears telling me to get an abortion. He is un-decisive about everything!!! He moved his gf out and then saw her behind my back ANYTIME him and I were having the SLIGHTEST of problems. And at the end, He moved her back in again. This is within a 2 year period!!!!!!!

OBSESSED with his PENIS! He thinks it's Gods gift to woman and use to say "ONE SPECIAL WOMAN" just ONE!....BS, I cannot believe I fell for that crap!.... I can think of so much more...............Attention STARVED, Bi-polar, altho, I don't have proof. One minute he'd be in love with me, the next he'd be distant and rude and just uuuuh, I don't know how I could tolerate such emotional abuse! He seems to be that person who will be un-decisive his entire LIFE!..... He even jokes around about him dying from working so hard, or some lame crap like that. Oh yeah and he tells the SAME damn story/joke all the time and I could only pretend to laugh so many times and I am sure its because he had 10 other girls he talked to that same day, which is why he told me the SAME exact one... Screw him....So glad hes gone!

Thank you for making this thread, altho I am very upset, maybe it's what I needed!

I think I've done this on another thread, but time has given me a slightly different perspective. He had narcissistic tendencies, he was a cheater, he blew hot and cold and took my money, sex and time whenever he wanted to. In return I was needy, overgiving, stubbornly blind to all red flags and way too eager to use his drama to escape other serious problems in my life. I was rolling up on 50, trapped in a job and city I hated, just desperate for anything to make me forget my life for a moment. I guess we deserved each other. Thank heavens I stopped the insanity and got help. Seriously.

Haha. Oh man, I was so close to copying and pasting all the bad qualities about my ex. But I just feel so bad posting her bad qualities for the world to see. Heck, my list is probably just as long if not longer. Ugh...so tempting but I'm going to try and take the higher road this time. Maybe when I get an angry spell later I come back and start posting, lol.

The way my ex ended things with me was so awful, I'm still scared what effect it may have on my mental health. I hope I'm strong and resilient and can get through this. I'm home now surrounded by the people I love but I still feel scared.

The person who I trusted so much, verbally abused me, called me so many bad words, blamed me for everything, blamed me for the end of the relationship when in reality he just didn't know how to end things. He is such a coward for doing this to me, instead of going like a man, he just broke me. then he decided to check if I was ok, can you believe, when I was just starting to feel ok? I can't believe how immature he is. I guess I got attracted to all his hip personality. Now he is going to spend a week with some girl hanging out in london. I just cant believe he is able to enjoy someone's company when his first relationship has ended. I know he is really immature selfish and I always justfified him. His behaviour made me very needy, dependednt and unhappy trying to please him. I believe I will get better, I really do

Archived